FAQ
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

caynana
Unread post  Post subject: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal pillow
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 for Her
Humidifier: Integrated
Pressure Setting: 5-10

I've had my Resmed Airsense 10 for just over 3 weeks and the wifi quit working on Thursday when I noticed that the MyAir app was no longer receiving my data. There is no wifi signal shown at all in the upper right of the screen where it used to be visible. The data still shows up on the machine itself and I have an SD card inserted that I take in and out for Sleepyhead data and that's still working. I tried moving the machine to different locations to see if I could get a better signal and I also unplugged it and checked all the connections. Is this a repair issue on a brand new machine or did I do something wrong when adjusting settings or ?? Airplane mode is set to off.

Maineguitarman
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:32 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit 20 Large
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics Dreamstation w/CFlex Plus
Humidifier: Philips Respironics Dreamstation Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 9

I'm having the same problem with my Dreamstation. It quit sending data to DreamMapper on Thursday. Tried all the steps to reboot the machine and my internet modem. The machine shows I'm getting a wifi signal and it is connected to the internet, but still no data. My home med supply company isn't getting the data either. I can load the data onto DreamMapper using the SD card however. My insurance needs that data in order to continue paying for my machine, but my supply company said that the data from the SD card can substitute for the internet data for insurance purposes, so I'm not that worried about it. It just boggles my mind as to how intrusive the insurance companies are into our private lives. Sleep isn't even private anymore.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

The airsense10 *does not have WiFi*.

It uses a *cellular modem*.

You get much better data out of sleepyhead, anyway.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

caynana
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:19 am

Yes, I finally figured out that it's a cellular signal strength that's supposed to display on my machine (not wifi). Thanks for pointing that out diamaunt. My cell phone sits on my nightstand near my machine and it has a good signal so I'm thinking there's a problem with the machine itself but don't know if it's something I can fix by adjusting settings or if it's a defective machine and needs repair or replacement. I'll call my DME on Monday and see what they say. I'm a newbie and still in the compliance period for insurance reimbursement so just worried that if there's no cellular connection that I won't get "credit" for my compliance on the days that it isn't working. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so, how was it resolved.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:31 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

No need to worry about the "compliance credit" stuff.
Even if the machine doesn't transmit the data it stores it in the internal memory and can put it on a SD card and usage data needed to keep the insurance happy is easily obtained by other measures.

Of course we want a machine to work as expected but your data isn't totally unavailable. I don't need or want my machine transmitting anything so whether it does or doesn't I haven't really paid any attention to...so no experience to offer there.

See what your DME says tomorrow about how they want to handle things.

Sleep2snore
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 pm

PAP Mask: Nasal Pillows - Swift FX
PAP Machine: Remstar Airsense 10 Autoset / Remstar Auto Cflex APAP as back up!
Humidifier: Also F&P stand alone (Used with back-up machine).
Pressure Setting: 10 - 20

I read somewhere that some cell companies have dropped the service, i think it was Canada and north east America that was affected. So you might be one of those that are unlucky. It was an American Apnea Forum I read it on.
Maybe Lefty knows something about it?

okie bipap
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Air Fir F20
PAP Machine: ResMed Air Curve 10 vauto
Pressure Setting: 9-25

My first machine would not transmit data. When Mr DME checked the machine, they found the transmit module was bad, and they replaced the machine.

MikeBear
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: Apap mode Min 10.0 CmH20, Max 13 CmH20 EPR = 2 at present

The cell modem in the Airsense 10 is a 2g model.

2g is being turned off all over the country as it's old tech, one by one, and perhaps it was just turned off near you.

If that's so, there's no fix for it unless ResMed has a modem replacement that's a minimum of a 3g version.

caynana
Unread post  Post subject: Re: WiFi quit working on new Airsense 10  |  Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 pm

I took the machine back to the DME today and they exchanged it for a new one. I'm guessing the modem was bad because I do have a cell signal on the new machine. Interesting about the 2g tho. I'm surprised a company like Resmed would use such old technology.