Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:44 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I finally got my grubby little paws on the latest mask from Respironics.
The DreamWear Full Face Mask.
If you already have the DreamWear frame it will work with the full face insert so you only need the new headgear and the insert.

Look for it to be available fairly soon...Secondwindcpap is apparently taking pre orders...haven't seen it yet on any other websites.
I had to ask my DME to get in touch with Respironics rep and get me a Demo and it took several weeks and I had pretty much given up.
Supposedly secondwind is expecting a shipment sometime next week...so it likely will be available at other websites and regular DMEs fairly soon.

I gave it a try but even the small frame with fleece covers over the frame is still just a bit too big for my head and the frame wants to slide around a bit and causes some annoying leaks at time. Used it 2 nights.
Very comfortable and worked well except for the leaks and that's not really the mask's fault...I am not a very big woman. 4 ft 11 in and small boned and still wearing a size 4 wedding ring so that will give you an idea. Small head.

Got some up close pictures for you all to see.
If you have questions about it...just ask.

Head gear...please note that this headgear is a different headgear than what comes with the under the nose cushion or the gel pillows. You have to have this new headgear to use the insert.

uses a little magnetic clip to attach to the insert/cushion.

Last edited by Pugsy on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Pictures of the inserts from the front and back. Note the area at the bottom where the little magnetic clip thingy is.

Crappy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 am

PAP Mask: DreamWear / ResMed Airfit F20 FFM / F&P Simplus /And More
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset / HDM Z-1 Auto /PRS1 560
Humidifier: Yes it has one, It's Built in.
Pressure Setting: 10-13 APAP, No Ramp, EPR 3 / 10-13 on the HDM Z-1 Auto

Great another mask for me to try out. Could be a good replacement for my F20.

crab
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm

PAP Mask: AirTouch F20 and Amera Vies
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: with airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 13-16

Is it sized the same as an Amera View?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Size is pretty much like the Amara View sizing and in fact it appears that the same sizing guide is used for all the DreamWear masks...pillows, under the nose cushion and not the full face insert.

I took these pictures for someone who was familiar with the Amara View to give them an idea how they compare.
Small Amara View cushion and Small DreamWear cushion/insert.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:27 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Pugsy and her grubby little paws <3

dreamingofdreaming
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:24 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal mask
PAP Machine: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: APAP 14/20

Does it come with 4 sizes like the nasal dream wear does?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:23 pm

dreamingofdreaming wrote:
Does it come with 4 sizes like the nasal dream wear does?

According to the secondwind promo page
http://www.secondwindcpap.com/Respironi ... 33400.html
The fit pack mask package will come with 4 sizes of cushions/inserts.
Now going by past history I wouldn't be surprised to see Respironics end up offering a mask package with one size at a slightly lower price.
They have done that in the past...will they do it with this mask...I don't know for sure. It's all a lot of speculation.

So they may end up offering a "fit pack" package and a different package with just one cushion of whatever size.
Respironics likes to offer "fit packs" to make it easy for DMEs to figure out what size a person might need.
DMEs like to stock the fit pack because it means one package will work for everyone and they don't have to keep so much inventory separate.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:51 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
Humidifier: HumidAir (comes with machine)
Pressure Setting: 14cmH2O

What would be the advantage of covering the mouth?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 am

AirMech74 wrote:
What would be the advantage of covering the mouth?

Keeping the pressurized airway circuit complete. If a person mouth breathes a lot and uses only a nasal interface mask then the chance of the air pressure exiting the mouth is greatly increased and the pressure in the airway gets decreased...sub optimal therapy due to pressure reduction.

Some people just have to mouth breathe for any number of reasons...their nose is just so congested that they can't move enough air through their nose alone.
For those people covering the mouth means more optimal/better therapy.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
Humidifier: HumidAir (comes with machine)
Pressure Setting: 14cmH2O

Ok, thanks for the info. I know I sleep with my mouth open....I fall asleep with my mouth closed, but I wake up with a dry mouth all the time.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 pm

I stumbled across a plastic sizing guide for the Amara View.
It loosely resembles the sizing guide for the new DreamWear Full face mask but not exactly the same due to overall scale of the guide.

I can't tell if there is enough of a difference to make the size needed actually change. The plastic sizing guide itself is a lot larger than the guide that was included with the DreamWear.
So the scale on the guide isn't the same because the scale of the overall sizing guide isn't the same.

My gut feeling though...whatever size a person might need with the Amara View is what would be needed with the new Dreamwear insert.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Thanks, Pugsy! I think I'll give this one a try when it comes out. It'll be good for those days when I can't breathe through my nose. Mouth breathing days turn into mouth breathing nights, and mouth breathing nights mean lots of tape, lol.

mchlwise
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:54 pm

PAP Mask: Philips DreamWear
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense S10 AutoSet
Pressure Setting: 10-14

Just stumbled across this today, and ordered the fitpack from secondwindcpap right away. Usually I don't impulse buy like this, especially with $150, but I was so excited to try it.

I went over a year and a half with a dreamwear and really liked a lot about it. I tried and tried to figure out how to keep my mouth closed. Boil and bite, chin strap, everything but tape because my lips are chappy and sensitive already.

About 4 months ago I got a cold and was having a really hard time with the dreamwear so I finally switched over to an Amara View. I've been pretty happy with it and my leaks have been less than they have ever been with anything else. The hose on the front has been a hassle, though, and I really miss the top hose of the dreamwear.

The dreamwear full face looks like the PERFECT combination of what I love about the dreamwear nasal and the amara view. I'm very much looking forward to getting it, hopefully later this week.

BTS
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:22 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Pressure Setting: ASV Auto EPAP 8-12 PS 3-12

Seems pretty perfect to me as well... Especially for those times with a cold or stuffy nose... I'll have to wait until next month but will be placing my order as well.... Awesome!

mchlwise
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Got a notice from secondwind that they were backordered. Emailed customer service and they are expecting more on Thursday. Demand is, apparently, quite high.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm

mchlwise wrote:
Got a notice from secondwind that they were backordered. Emailed customer service and they are expecting more on Thursday. Demand is, apparently, quite high.

Not surprising. Usually first shipments have limited inventory and secondwind is the only source that I know of as of yet where a person can even buy it. Figured it would sell out quickly.

BTS
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV
Pressure Setting: ASV Auto EPAP 8-12 PS 3-12

Not in English but just came across a new video on this mask.

https://youtu.be/Im2giHU9yEQ

mchlwise
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 am

This mask arrived on Saturday, so I've had two nights to try it out.

It comes with the medium headgear/frame and 4 different sizes of inserts - small, medium, medium wide, and large. The fit guide has me just barely into the L, but I test drove S,M and L before sleeping. They're all very similar in size with the only difference I could see being in depth. Up and down and side to side seem all about the same, but the L is a lot deeper with more front-to-back nose room than the S.

The large and the small seemed the most comfortable for me so I started with the small, but in the middle of the night switched to the large which seemed more comfortable. The second night (last night) I went with the medium all night.

The mask is VERY comfortable for me (regardless of size). It's going to take some adjusting to dial it in, but so far it's everything I hoped it would be. MyAir showed 1 L/min leak the first night. I tightened up the straps a little bit and the second night showed no leak. Depending on how I was laying I could feel air blowing by the mask every once in a while, but it was not a big deal to shift and seal it up again. I have a goatee, and still had no major leakage issues.

garagelogician
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask report  |  Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:36 am

PAP Mask: Primary: ResMed Airfit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: Integrated, Auto setting with ClimateLine heated tube
Pressure Setting: 13-18

I picked one up from secondwindcpap.com myself, got it on Friday. The first night was a little rough, messing around with different cushions and trying to get the straps adjusted properly. I also have the large frame from my Dreamwear nasal mask because I'm kind of right on the line between medium and large for the frame. My difficulty was compounded by the fact that we just got a new mattress, and I don't have my pillow situation figured out yet.

I finally settled on the medium frame, and medium cushion. I think I have found with this mask that the key is to adjust the top straps first, without any air. Get it so that the cushion fits comfortably, and the frame is secure on your head without moving around. Lay down and apply air, then adjust the bottom straps evenly and little by little until you don't get any leaks. If you get leaks, try pulling out on the mask first and reseating it. If it still leaks, make very small adjustments at a time. Don't make it too tight, let the cushion "inflate" properly.

Leak numbers are comparable to the F20. Cleanliness is key on this mask (same as the DreamWear Nasal) as any buildup of skin oils cause it to move around more. I use mask wipes daily and Mask Bright 2-3 times a week.

The headgear is very comfortable, the magnetic clips are perfect, and the exhaust diffuser on the front of the mask is very quiet and dispersed compared to the concentrated vent on the nasal version. The DW nasal mask would often make too much noise when sleeping on my side, but this one is much better.

As of right now, this is definitely the best FFM I've ever used. And it is my second favorite mask after the original DreamWear Nasal. Sadly though, I cannot wear that one anymore as I drop my mouth open too much to use a nasal mask now.