FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:58 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

ronb
Unread post  Post subject: Dream Wear  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 am

I have been using a nasal pillow mask and the problem is that with tossing and turning during the night either the seal is broken or the hose gets tangled and I wake up. This happens several times during the night to the point that I often just take the mask off for the rest of the night. Does anyone think that the Dream Wear mask might lessen or even eliminate this problem?

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dream Wear  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 am
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

I think that the tossing and turning is a symptom of a greater problem, and that is....why are you tossing and turning?

Before I did anything else I would download SleepyHead. Then you can look through that, post the images here if you don't know what you're looking for, and see if there is a problem with leaking or the pressure not being correct. I suspect that the pressure isn't correct or there is a leaking problem.

ronb wrote:
Does anyone think that the Dream Wear mask might lessen or even eliminate this problem?
The problem of getting tangled up with tossing and turning will likely be helped out greatly with the use of the Dreamwear. It attaches on the top of the head, so you can turn like an alligator in a death spin and it should just continue to swivel.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

ronb
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dream Wear  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am

During the night I sleep on my side and often turn from one side to the other. There is no leakage prior to this movement. When the hose gets caught up it pulls on the mask and breaks the seal and of course wakes me up. When I sleep without the CPAP the movement from one side to another does not appear to wake me up. Where do I find Sleepyhead to download?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dream Wear  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:31 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

SleepyHead can be found here
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

The DreamWear might help with the hose issues....you might also look at some sort of hose management system. Keeps the hose up and away and less likely to get pulled on with movement like tossing and turning.