Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - I'm hard headed but sore headed.
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:17 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Jazzncats
Unread post  Post subject: I'm hard headed but sore headed.  |  Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am

I'm bacck! I've been a happy CPAP user for months now. Having tried a number of masks, I had settled on the Dream Wear. Believe it or not, since my hair is short the tube coming out of the top grabs it occasionally. Little ouchy... I would like to retain the hair on top of my head. Sometimes I find I have trouble positioning the tube so it won't feel "yanky". Has anyone gotten scalp irritation from this mask? Hard to believe because it seems so perfect. I'm trying to cover the edges of the hose intake with soft fabric; however, I'm considering eventually changing to a nose pillow mask so I, too, can obtain the elephant look. Any suggestions? You all are great, by the way!

Kittens McTavish
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I'm hard headed but sore headed.  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 am

PAP Mask: F&P Eson 2, Philips Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Philips DreamStation
Humidifier: Philips
Pressure Setting: 9

I used the elephant mask the first three weeks, then sprung for the Dreamwear, which I LURVE. My poor nose was being torn up by the elephant mask, and if you want to talk about "yanky", try having your mask pulled sideways on your face! I think you'll be disappointed in elephants after being dreamy.

I know I've been disappointed in elephants lately, but that's a discussion best saved for a political forum.

Anyway, I think it would be more helpful for you to cover your hair rather than cover the hose. Maybe one of these guys?

https://smile.amazon.com/Sports-Spandex ... s=skullcap

Tell me is this where I give it all up?
For you, I have to risk it all
Cause the writing's on the wall

Sam Smith

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: I'm hard headed but sore headed.  |  Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

There is a new mask that is coming out that will likely help with this. I'm not sure if I can say the name or not. Hopefully I'll be getting a prototype soon. It's going through the FDA approval from what I understand. I'll certainly keep you posted....via YouTube of course! :)

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.