Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New machine ? High run hours
FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:58 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Lolagirl
Unread post  Post subject: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:05 am

Hi I was recently given a machine to trial and was told it was new. The plan being to purchase it through my insurance before end of trial. I checked the run hours and saw 163. I’m assuming this obviously means the machine is not new. I’m thinking of telling the supplier that I need to ensure I get a new machine (they charge my insurance 2200$ for machine/mask/tubing - I don’t think that’s too much to ask for it to be new) and that I noticed that the run hours were 163. It sucks that you can’t trust anyone these days but I’m willing to approach it like “oh there must be some mistake”. I’m hoping they don’t try to say somehow that the run hours is not indicative of whether it’s new or not.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:20 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

TELL THEM! It's most likely from a previous trial. They will probably tell you that they are allowed to give you a used machine...that's BS. They think you don't know how to access run hours.

Lolagirl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm

LSAT wrote:
TELL THEM! It's most likely from a previous trial. They will probably tell you that they are allowed to give you a used machine...that's BS. They think you don't know how to access run hours.

Thank you :o

Jonoshanda
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:29 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit F20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10 dishwasher safe
Pressure Setting: 7-12.2 APAP

Who is the DME? If you don’t mind me asking.

Lolagirl
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:38 pm

It’s in Canada. Mainland Sleep.

Mr_Ryan
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New machine ? High run hours  |  Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 pm

PAP Mask: Philips Respironics Dreamwear Nasal and Full Face
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: ResMed HumidAir with ClimateLineAir heated tube
Pressure Setting: 6-16

I don't think these guys are very good. I took my machine there for warranty repair on the advice of Philips Respironics back in November. I have now found that they never sent the machine in, lied to me about the warranty on my machine after it was repaired (even though it was never sent in) and have either lost my machine or sent it out on a trial with another patient. Now I'm stuck with their loaner machine and an open case with the BBB. The kicker is that they have an excellent rating on Google and BBB. I guess most patients fall for their BS.