Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Sleepyhead accuracy??
FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:07 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: Currently pressure 7 to 12

I have been trying to adjust to cpap for 3 months. Has been mostly torture but I have severe sleep apnea and realize I have to master it. Have the airsense 10 auto machine and started with airtouchF20 mask. Hated that and finally settled on dreamwear full facemask (I am a mouth breather). I find that much more comfortable. Two nights ago I had a major breakthrough and slept like a baby for a solid 6 hour block, when I woke up I had to reach up to be sure I had my mask on. Sleepyhead said I had a 27 minute run of Cheyne Stokes along with a lot of other stuff. Last night did not sleep as well but again some long runs of Cheyne Stokes when I did sleep. I am intentionally setting my limit to 8 and titrating up slowly because the leaking is such a problem while I master the art of sleeping with cpap. So wonder if these are truly Cheynes Stokes.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:39 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

*peers into crystal ball in lieu of any actual screenshots*

Nope, I got nothin.

*shakes magic 8 ball* "answer uncertain, ask again later"

Sorry.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:06 pm

How do people copy and paste the sleepyhead data?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:11 pm

They read my sig.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Find your sarcasm not to be helpful. Could be that I am a cranky grandmother raising grandchildren. I am a retired critical care/ER nurse, but never learned about sleep apnea per se and certainly never thought I would have it. I am skinny and prior to 4 years ago was hiking the 4000 footers of N.H.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 pm

SkinnyFemale wrote:
Find your sarcasm not to be helpful. Could be that I am a cranky grandmother raising grandchildren. I am a retired critical care/ER nurse, but never learned about sleep apnea per se and certainly never thought I would have it. I am skinny and prior to 4 years ago was hiking the 4000 footers of N.H.

The only sarcasm you're finding is what you put there.

There are *very clear* instructions, *in my sig* that answer your question.

I don't really care what your bonafides are, they don't matter.

You asked a question, I gave you a pointer.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:18 am

Also, just to be clear:

sar·casm /ˈsärˌkazəm/

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Now, if I'd said "wow, you're really on top of things, aren't you?" *THAT* would have been sarcasm.

Only, I didn't.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

Apologize for being grouchy. I think for me your answers are a little too brief. So that's why I thought it was snark. I still don't know what "in my sig" means. However I have been making some headway and figuring out some of this stuff. I think I almost know how to post my report. My brain is tired too.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

One's signature is part of one's profile, There's a 'signature', that one can fill out, and that shows up at the bottom of each and every of one's messages.

You'll notice mine below the horizontal line, at the bottom of each of my posts, such as this one, below that are comments that one wishes to convey, in my case, they are links to valuable information.

You'll also note to the left of my post, there is information about the machine and mask that I have. That is also part of one's profile, the equipment section, one should fill it out so that other people who are attempting to help know what kind of mask and machine you have.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks for this explanation. I see that you are trying to help and do appreciate it. Too tired today to delve in but will be back at it tomorrow. AHI last night 22 again even though I am trying to do the right things. My machine is the resmed air sense 10 auto and the mask I can live with is the dreamwear full face mask that tucks up under my nose. Have been able to keep it on all night for at least a week.

WSHenry
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit P10 or PR Dreamwear
PAP Machine: PR DreamStation Auto CPAP
Humidifier: PR DreamStation Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 6-15 cm H2O

As to the OP's question, SleepyHead is as accurate as the machine data that it displays. See the owner and or clinician manuals for device accuracy. Since she's using an auto machine, I'd let the machine determine the optimum pressures by making sure the machine is in the auto mode.

Liz0406
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:55 am

PAP Mask: Amara View
PAP Machine: Respironics Auto Dreamstation
Humidifier: Dreamstation humidifier
Pressure Setting: 6.0- 12.0 range

Hi I’m new to the forum. I cannot get Sleepyhead to
Work on my 2018 MacBook. III seems to download ,
card reader is attached but nothing comes up- it just seems to keep downloading and staying on the Sleepyhead home page.
Will this application work on a new MacBook?

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Once you take the sd card out of your machine and plug it into your computer you are not online. Pull up sleepyhead icon and it will say welcome to sleepy head and sd importer. Very easy. I was confused by that too, although I don't have a mac, but I can't think it can be that different. Good luck with sleep as well as download.

Mrzocor
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm

PAP Mask: Pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 autoset.
Humidifier: Aircurve

SkinnyFemale wrote:
I have been trying to adjust to cpap for 3 months. Has been mostly torture but I have severe sleep apnea and realize I have to master it. Have the airsense 10 auto machine and started with airtouchF20 mask. Hated that and finally settled on dreamwear full facemask (I am a mouth breather). I find that much more comfortable. Two nights ago I had a major breakthrough and slept like a baby for a solid 6 hour block, when I woke up I had to reach up to be sure I had my mask on. Sleepyhead said I had a 27 minute run of Cheyne Stokes along with a lot of other stuff. Last night did not sleep as well but again some long runs of Cheyne Stokes when I did sleep. I am intentionally setting my limit to 8 and titrating up slowly because the leaking is such a problem while I master the art of sleeping with cpap. So wonder if these are truly Cheynes Stokes.

Have to learn yo breathe through your nose. Takes time, and patience. I would never use a full face mask under any circumstances.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Sleepyhead accuracy??  |  Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Mrzocor wrote:
I would never use a full face mask under any circumstances.

Trolls gotta troll. best to ignore them, though the 'foe' button is broken here.