FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Patman
Unread post  Post subject: Does apnea come and go?  |  Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:00 pm

PAP Mask: Phillips Respronics dreamwear nasal mask, Resmed Airfit f30
PAP Machine: REMSTAR Auto A-flex m-series
Humidifier: Not sure but it has one
Pressure Setting: 8-10

I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea about a year ago. When I took the test a year ago I remember experiencing episodes of waking up not being able to breathe. I had been experiencing it on and off for several years an I suspect the night terrors I had were because of the apnea (just a guess.) I notice that whenever I have the hypopmias I also was overly tired when I went to sleep. I've never been able to sleep more than an hour with my mask and I've tried a bunch. My question is: is it possible I'm only experiencing the apnea when I'm overly tired or does apnea generally happen consistently? I ask because I've tried everything I can think of to adjust to sleeping with the mask but is proven really difficult. I was thinking maybe I just need to make sure I don't get overly tired and don't gain weight. I'm a little tired during the day but I rarely feel like I could nap, i don't have headaches, and no sore throat. I want to keep trying because I'm aware of the dangers of ignoring it. Thoughts? Thanks!

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does apnea come and go?  |  Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:18 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

sleep varies from hour to hour, and night to night. some nights are worse than others.

Patman
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does apnea come and go?  |  Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:33 pm

PAP Mask: Phillips Respronics dreamwear nasal mask, Resmed Airfit f30
PAP Machine: REMSTAR Auto A-flex m-series
Humidifier: Not sure but it has one
Pressure Setting: 8-10

This is true