Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense?
FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:52 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Gachalife
Unread post  Post subject: Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello all! I am new to this board and have found the information here very helpful. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 10 years ago, but despite my best efforts, just could not use my Resmed VPAP S. You name the problem; I had it. Mask does not fit;mask irritation/leaking/leaving marks/nose irritated/drying out your eyes from blowing in them; mask pulling out your hair; humidifier spitting water in my mask and up my nose; air swallowing; ear pain; sinus pain; tube in the way; pressure is just too high; machine is forcing me to breathe at wrong times; headaches; can't breathe through my nose; can't breathe out against the pressure; feel as if I am suffocating...this machine is stealing my air; and I just can't sleep with this thing on! I tried to use the machine on and off through the years with little success. After several sinus surgeries, I am back at trying to use my 10+ year old machine with some success after a dear friend was diagnosed with sleep apnea recently. We are trying this together and trying to keep each other positive.

My doctor wrote a script for a new machine, and I really want to be successful with using it. Any thoughts on which is a "better" machine Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense? I am on bipap, and I am kind of partial to the DreamStation with its fancy phone app. Thoughts?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense?  |  Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

The Dreamstation has the fancy phone app.

The Airsense 10 AutoSet (for her) has quieter operation, more responsive treatment, more detailed data, holds more water, comes with a better case, takes up less space on the side table, doesn't need to have it's filter changed as often, and more than doesn't come to mind at the moment.

Gachalife
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense?  |  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you for your advise. I got the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. It is a dream compared to my old ResMed VPap S- which I now refer to as "the cinder block."

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Respironics DreamStation vs. ResMed AirSense?  |  Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Good to hear it!