Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - NREM AHI vs REM AHI
FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: NREM AHI vs REM AHI  |  Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:07 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

:lol: Sometimes there is dysfunction between the ideas for words in my head and what ends up on paper.

It made perfect sense to me (or I thought it did) when I composed it but now it makes zero sense to me. It doesn't convey what I feel in a clear manner and for the life of me I can't formulate the wording right now that does.

I can tell you right now that my sleep without cpap is horrible, horrible, horrible.
I wake up with massive headaches and I have to get up and pee just about every hour on the hour with a painfully full bladder each time.
Not to mention the daytime fatigue and lack of energy stuff.
I went on a trip once and forgot the long hose to attach the mask to the humidifier....didn't notice it until 10:30 PM and nothing could be done at that time except sleep without the machine. Horrible night...and the next day I went out to the only medical supply place open on a Saturday on the 4th of July weekend in Las Vegas and paid $30 for a really cheap generic long hose that I can get any day of the week for $6 and that includes mailing it to me.....and happily paid the 30 bucks.

It is a whole lot more than a semblance of normal sleep when I use the cpap....it's life altering better.

ariayde16
Unread post  Post subject: Re: NREM AHI vs REM AHI  |  Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:54 am

PAP Mask: Philips Dreamwear Gel Nasal Pillows
PAP Machine: Philips Dreamstation
Humidifier: Normal Humidifier that comes with the Philips Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 9 cm of water pressure

Pugsy, you are a warrior. Plain and simple. Anyone that has to live with severe sleep apnea prior to getting treated is a hero in my book. And you are a hero.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. People like you keep me and my CPAP journey going, so once again thanks for being a hero.