Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - how often to replace the filter for cpap machine
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:32 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

robneedsleep
Unread post  Post subject: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:14 am

PAP Mask: DreamWear full face
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: level 6, 29 degree
Pressure Setting: 7.4 - 9.8 cm H2O

How often should i change the filter on the cpap

i've told and read anywhere from couple weeks to couple months

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:05 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

The ResMed manual says every 6 months...sooner if necessary. I'm sure Phillips is similar. Look at your filter every 30 days and if it's dirty, change it. I'm sure in California where all the fires are burning, filters need changing every week (or sooner).

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Philips needs to be changed more often, because it's about a third of the size of the Resmed....

"as needed" is how often they should be changed...

robneedsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks! this will give me a better idea

PaulyofPA
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:08 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal. Headgear with Arms!
PAP Machine: Dream station
Humidifier: Dream station heated W heated hose
Pressure Setting: 10

Phillips I think is every 2 weeks, which works out great because my recycling night is every 2 weeks and I just do it then as a good reminder!

Daniel Gagner
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:18 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear nasal
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation 500
Humidifier: respironics
Pressure Setting: 9=13

Hmm... I've always only cleaned mine. I just use the coarse filter, not the fine one. I rinse it in water and blow it clean. Air seems to vent through it easily. I've got a phillips dreamstation.

This works for me... I guess it's okay right?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:01 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Daniel Gagner wrote:
Hmm... I've always only cleaned mine. I just use the coarse filter, not the fine one. I rinse it in water and blow it clean. Air seems to vent through it easily. I've got a phillips dreamstation.

This works for me... I guess it's okay right?

The coarse filter is mean to be washed and re-used... the fine filters are meant to be replaced, so you're doing the right thing.

Petrary
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:11 am

Thanks for the information shared and it will give a better idea.

robneedsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:42 pm

One thing for sure, i'm not going back to the sleep clinic to purchase anything from them. They're essentially a cpap retailer, who's marking up everything. They consider themselves as providing a service, a "fitting" of the mask would cost twice the price that I could've bought on Amazon. I hope everyone knows about Amazon, you can get as low as half the price.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

robneedsleep wrote:
One thing for sure, i'm not going back to the sleep clinic to purchase anything from them. They're essentially a cpap retailer, who's marking up everything. They consider themselves as providing a service, a "fitting" of the mask would cost twice the price that I could've bought on Amazon. I hope everyone knows about Amazon, you can get as low as half the price.

The problem is that there is a very limited selection...Amazon sells lots of mask parts, but very few complete masks.

robneedsleep
Unread post  Post subject: Re: how often to replace the filter for cpap machine  |  Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:47 am

True, but I'm still greatful that i can buy the complete full mask set for half the price of what i had to pay at the sleep clinic retailer. I needed to replace differnt parts, so even if Amazon marketplace sells masks as a complete set it works out for me.

As for my Resmed Airsense, there are all sorts of parts I can get seperately, like the hose which i'll replace next year, and they're all half the price.