Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - CPAP Ozone Cleaners. Are they a good alternative?
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:33 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Lurana
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Ozone Cleaners. Are they a good alternative?  |  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 am

I am new to CPAP usage. (So far it has been torture using a ResMed Airfit P10. I hate the nose pillows. Apparently I sleep with my mouth open sometimes, as I wake up with a dry mouth and throat. My provider is sending a chin strap, however, I will buy a "boil and bite mouth guard" today. Also, I will switch to either a Phillips Dreamware or a Swift FX Nano as soon as possible. I sleep in a recliner so I'm concerned about the hose being over my head). Thinking that washing the hose, etc. would be a pain, I purchased a Rescare CPAP Cleaner from Amazon. It seems to be working out okay even though there is some residual ozone odor in the hose. If this is a sign that the cleaner has worked properly, I guess that is good, however, I wonder if the odor is harmful in any way.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Ozone Cleaners. Are they a good alternative?  |  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:07 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

ResMed recommends AGAINST using Ozone.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Ozone Cleaners. Are they a good alternative?  |  Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:32 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality- ... r-cleaners

Ozone is a harmful gas...it can damage the lungs. I would be really afraid that if I could smell it then it's still hanging around and I am breathing it.