id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Air Leakage Resmed 10
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:03 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:33 am

Thank you Delta Bravo. My intention was to post two weeks to get a decent sample size. But when I just plugged in my sim card it was blank for the last two weeks. So I'll try again in a few days.

Question. MY dr. prescribed 12cm H20, does that mean that I should be trying to get the air pressure to 12.0?

Thank you shagrock, also learned a new acronym.

Thank you Enrique. My DR specifically prescribed a full face mask, did yours? Also when you switched to a nose breathing apparatus did you use a chin strap? I'm also a mouth breather.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:57 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

You have to leave the SD card in your cpap machine all night when you are using the machine to get the detailed data.
The only stuff stored on the cpap machine's internal memory is the summary data. The detailed data files for all the graphs have to go directly to the SD card.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 am

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: To be included with Astral & heated single limb leak circuit
Pressure Setting: Will run iVAPS, ResMed's variant on AVAPS

Correct, the card needs mounted to the PAP before you use it, or the data is lost. It doesn't save it in the PAP machine for downloading later. It goes directly to the card to be wrote as it happens.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:16 am

Hey Cpapers,

It's been a minute since I've posted. I've changed masked several times and have now settled on a soft cushion and smaller mask. Seems to fit me better.

Attached is a clump of two weeks of sleep of Oscar Data. I don't know how to analyze it.

I've had my c-pap machine since August and have still yet to have that feeling of waking up well rested no matter how many hours of sleep I get.

Please advise on where to go from here.

Chad

Attachments:
archive (3).zip [3.52 MiB]
Downloaded 48 times
DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:39 am

The data seems to indicate you've gotten the leaks under better control, and events also are in check. Keep in mind that you had undiagnosed sleep apnea with not well rested sleep likely for years. It doesn't reverse in a week or a month or two. You have to keep on this and it will pay off. I didn't see any area except the Ramp that I would suggest changes. You may want to shorten it and/or increase Ramp pressure. The therapy pauses until Ramp is over, so this needs to be as short as possible. Most do get to the place where they just turn it off altogether. Try to add OSCAR data as screenshots as otherwise we must download your files. When you have the OSCAR screen you want to post, click F12 and it saves that into the file you chose or the default screenshot file of your PC. And the look you want to present is listed in my link number 3 ending in the word Organization. Event flags always are on top, then a few other graphs. You're doing great otherwise. Best wishes you feel the results soon.

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Appreciate it. I'm confused for the ramp. I have my ramp set for 0, is that not what you're reading?

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:57 pm

It must have been active or seemed to be. If you don't have a Ramp set, it may have been something I looked at wrong.

OK just to check my sanity, I looked at your charts again. Around August 15 you had a Ramp ON at 4 cmH20 for 30 minutes. It may be you have since turned it off. Most of the screenshots don't show the Ramp setting, but there's a few older dated ones that did show it on that left panel.

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Here are the last month full. I have not been sleeping well the past few weeks and I'm still not waking up refreshed at all. I increased my minimum output on the settings and the leakage from the mask will wake me up.

Attachments:
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png [ 236.36 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png [ 229.73 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png [ 236.17 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png [ 235.8 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png [ 231.36 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:59 pm

continued

Attachments:
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (8).png [ 238.76 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (7).png [ 239.88 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png [ 239 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png [ 236.36 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:01 pm

contiuned

Attachments:
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (36).png [ 237.96 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (35).png [ 236.53 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (11).png [ 231.86 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png [ 229.42 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:02 pm

continued

Attachments:
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (40).png [ 238.14 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (39).png [ 233.94 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (38).png [ 233.19 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (37).png [ 233.64 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:03 pm

continued

Attachments:
Screenshot (43).png
Screenshot (43).png [ 237.59 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (42).png [ 235.57 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (41).png [ 232.58 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (40).png [ 238.14 KiB | Viewed 795 times ]
DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:13 pm

It would seem that mask adjusting is the priority then at this stage. Either attempt a redo on adjusting this mask or consider a different mask that fits better.

As is, mask adjusting was best described to me in this way: lie back on the bed with mask in hand, hold the mask as if it were strapped on but isn't, turn PAP on and hold mask firm enough to hold in place and minimize leaks, remember what that feels like. Now strap mask on in the same tension that it took your hand to hold it in place and no tighter. Check with therapy pressure. Is it OK?

My addition: do not rely on mask fit or whatever your PAP machine calls it. Rely on what your senses tell you, and the leak rate in OSCAR. Some leakage is needed from the vents, so 0 is not the goal. Low leaks to allow the machine to follow along accurately, and only tight enough to remove excess leaks and especially those that disturb sleep. NO more than that. You should not need to torque the mask down with excessive force. NO. Either change how tight it is or change masks if this is the case.

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I assume based on context clues my data is showing too much leakage?

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:19 pm

No not always. It's a sometimes up or down leak rate. There had to be a bad leak night I saw to post that. Looking at the newer ones, it seems very good.

You do have some leaks on the chart occasionally. I'm not too concerned about it, as again you have to leak some, this is the intentional leak that must occur. Air comes into the mask from the PAP and when you exhale, it needs to be vented. This is intentional. ResMeds leak redline is set at 24 L/min; over that and it reports large leaking. If you can keep it below that, it seems to work out fine. The biggest leak anyone has, no numbers here, just conversing, if you encounter a leak that disturbs your sleep then address it. Just don't fall for the trap of going to the overtight extreme to induce pain.

Last edited by DeltaBravo3.8 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:23 pm

There are some nights where you leaks are well managed.
There are some nights with the large blocks of gray which indicate a large leak...not so well managed.
For the most part...more nights without major blocks of large leak areas.

Leaks are a battle we never truly win that war.
I have nights with big leaks sometimes. Not so much now since I am using the Bleep but I used to have some mask movement leaks and an occasional mouth leak.

If you are sleeping good and feeling good...I would ignore a random rare bad night in terms of leakage.

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank You delta bravo,

I ended up reducing the settings. My mask was leaking too much in the middle of the night because of how much I move around. As a result of that leaking, I was getting woken up. It's been better since.

Pugsy,

I still have not had that moment of feeling refreshed like I've read about. I think I feel on average slightly less tired than I used to, but not great yet.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Less tired can be considered progress itself. I have been there with mine in 2017 when I had to run through the landmine of BPAP with no backup rate shot my CA to about triple to prove it was wrong and ASV was needed to combat said CA. The first month on ASV gained me less tired. But things were so bad, less tired was a welcome thing.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Well....I am still waiting on that less tired thing myself.

You know sometimes the cold hard fact of life is that sometimes there are other things going on that cpap can't fix and give us that miracle burst of energy we read about some lucky people getting.

So...sometimes it takes months to feel much change in energy levels and sometimes we don't see much change because of other stuff that messes with how we feel.
Other health issues....medication side effects...sleep issues related to any number of things not caused by apnea.

Maybe you just need to give it more time and maybe you need to look elsewhere for potential causes of fatigue. If you look it up the list is a mile long and sleep apnea is but one item on that mile long list.

I have always said that getting the nice low numbers is the easy part...feeling them is a whole different ball game.

Me....I am still waiting on that burst of energy and it's been 11 plus years.
But then I know I have other issues unrelated to my airway that mess with how I feel.
So while I am better... I don't feel like superwoman but then I wouldn't even if I didn't have sleep apnea.

You have no choice but to give it time but while giving it time maybe do some detective work to see what else might be causing the fatigue.
It might just be something unrelated to sleep apnea.

chad10splayer
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Air Leakage Resmed 10  |  Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:20 am

Delta Bravo,

Would you open to a phone or zoom call for consultation? You obviously know a lot and if you don't know, maybe you could point me in another direction. I am just not responding to the CPAP therapy well, even though my numbers are good. I'm super happy to pay as I feel this will save me time/effort. AT this point I'm just getting frustrated and upset and I don't put a cost on my health.

If you're willing, On a call I'd like to discuss

1. Changing to a different full masks
2. Switching to a nasal only mask (I'm a mouth breather)
3. In addition to sleep apnea, I move a lot in my sleep and sometimes I take my mask off unknowingly.
4. A professional in South Florida I can potentially go to.

Thanks,

Chad