Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Heated climatelineair tube malfunction
FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

knightsreich1
Unread post  Post subject: Heated climatelineair tube malfunction  |  Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:21 pm

I have been using the climatelineair heated tubing for the last 10 nights. Recently my airsense10 shut off on dc power. I checked all the connections, the power source and disconnected the cpap. When I reconnected and turned it on again, I received the notification that I had a serious air leakage. I also had the red face icon appear. I checked for air leakage throughout the system, but could find none. I tried another mask, but the notification and red face icon continued. Finally, I tried another tubing, a non heated hose. Everything returned to normal and I am able to use my cpap without issue. As a note, I am an over the road team truck driver and sleep while my partner drives. I also use the humidifier with water. The heated hose will no longer allow
me a good mask seal icon. Is it possible that something(water spillage) may have caused the hose to short out...or for that fact, the cpap machine itself? Again, a normal non heated hose works fine.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Heated climatelineair tube malfunction  |  Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i, a F&P Simplus & soon to have Vitera
PAP Machine: I will likely tell the doc it's going to be ResMed Astral 150
Humidifier: Accessory Humidifier will be requested
Pressure Setting: 0 setting for now, soon to be using AVAPS settings

By your description, I would think the heated hose is the issue. Replacing it with a different one, non-heated in this case, seems to have solved the issue. I do not think it's a heated vs non-heated issue, but the heated hose went bad for some reason. Somewhat like blowing a drive tire, sometimes it just happens. Change it and move onward.

The little red frown demon and his twin green grin will both drive you nuts. The best way for me to adjust the mask is lying down and under normal pressure. Adjust according to directions for the mask, the goal is to have minimal leaks but also not to negatively impact comfort.

Anyway, bottom line is count the old heated hose as done for, replace with another heated hose. Best to ya driver. I did my own time behind the wheel as a single regional driver. Keep your shiny side up and be safe.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Heated climatelineair tube malfunction  |  Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:37 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Even if a little water had got in the heated hose it wouldn't cause it to short out. They can be submerged in water during cleaning if a person wants to.

Now there might be a tear in it or it's possible that part of the electrical wiring got broken or bent or something like that.