Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Side sleeper
FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Bigmelfrmely
Unread post  Post subject: Side sleeper  |  Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:57 pm

I need help finding a mask I prefer the pillows. I've tried several different masks and the problem is is I open my mouth while I sleep. I'm a side sleeper as well so that causes an issue as far as mask fit. I don't know if my jaw falls back when I sleep I just know that I have a tendency to open my mouth while I'm sleeping. I don't like thefull face mask even just the nasal mask because it causes air to blow into my eyeballs. I saw the review on the new mirage hybrid but I do remember your comment as far as side sleepers for that mask are there any options? as well I have state insurance so I only get one shot per year at getting a new mask and with covid going in and checking out different types of masks is not an option I currently have the Fisher & Paykel Brevida™ Nasal Pillow Mask I am not a fan the nose pillows only offer a extra small/small or medium/large and neither seem to fit correctly. I have tried the dreamware pillows as well as the I believe that's the resmed p10 too and I hate both of them please help

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Side sleeper  |  Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:26 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

You pretty much already hate the most popular masks out there in terms of nasal pillow masks.

None will work until you can keep the mouth shut though.

All masks can be used in all sleep positions but moving around from position to position obviously creates movement and challenges.
That will be increased with any full face mask because of the amount of skin to mask contact area that needs to be maintained.

If you wish to continue with a nasal pillow mask consider adding a chin strap of sorts or maybe a soft cervical collar to support the jaw so it won't flop open.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Side sleeper  |  Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:39 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F20 N30i P30i, a F&P Simplus & soon to have Vitera
PAP Machine: I will likely tell the doc it's going to be ResMed Astral 150
Humidifier: Accessory Humidifier will be requested
Pressure Setting: 0 setting for now, soon to be using AVAPS settings

I don't have any mask to recommend, but as Pugsy mentioned chin straps. there's a Knightsbridge Dual Band that several have tried and really liked over on Apnea Board. Search for it and see what you think. One big positive is it pulls the jaw up only not up and back.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

Mikkik1
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Side sleeper  |  Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit 10 full face mask
PAP Machine: Air curve 10S
Pressure Setting: 10/4

I am also a side sleeper and mouth breather. I started with a Quattro and hated it, used an airfit f10 and then airfit f20. I switched to a dreamwear full face mask a year ago and love it. It adjusts easily to me flipping from one side to another during night and no air blowing in eyes. I used a company called noinsurance.com. They had a local office and their tech fitted me as I wound up with medium cushion and small headgear. Their pricing was also very reasonable. Good luck.