Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - At what point do I stop "tuning" and just settle in?
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:31 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Dog_Tired
Unread post  Post subject: At what point do I stop "tuning" and just settle in?  |  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:21 am

PAP Mask: AirFit N30i w/Caldera Releaf collar
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: APAP 8.6-14

I feel like my leaks are under control, my mask is fairly comfortable, I'm sleeping pretty well overall. Here's a snapshot from last night and a zoom on the CA, previous nights are very similar.

So, is it time to just let the therapy continue and see how I feel after a couple of months? Or does it make sense to continue to "tune" my therapy? In particular are the CAs that show up. Last night 3 CAs and one hypopnea. Based upon reading other threads, it seems like my CA count is not much to be concerned about, and with very few or zero OA events I'm not sure where I would tune anyway.

Do I feel better? Maybe. It's pretty subjective, but maybe a bit less tired, less falling asleep in front of the TV.

Thoughts?

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.20.17.png
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.20.17.png [ 249.83 KiB | Viewed 293 times ]
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 10.08.19.png
Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 10.08.19.png [ 248.61 KiB | Viewed 293 times ]
LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: At what point do I stop "tuning" and just settle in?  |  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm

PAP Mask: F & P Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Nothing to tune. Go to sleep and look at it in a month.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: At what point do I stop "tuning" and just settle in?  |  Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:30 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: New and old ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for now, RT says I need NIV
Humidifier: HumidAir ResMed 10 series with ClimateLine heated hose
Pressure Setting: ASV Auto mode EPAP 4-15 PS 0-10 Odd pressures are OK but don't equate NIV

Yes, I'd agree. You can monitor data weekly or even less if you'd like. See if things are remaining in the good as this chart shows. CA like this seems to be treatment emergent, as in the PAP has your breathing and exhaling CO2 more efficiently than the body is used to. It typically takes up to 3 months for these events to diminish. Yours are pretty low now, so it doesn't appear with current data to be a serious issue. If they were much higher this changes the story and actions. Monitoring via OSCAR and by how you feel is fine and acceptable. Check in to see that things are doing well or if you start feeling less treated. At the stage you are, daily looks at data and such is not necessary. Best wishes it continues well.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization