Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Resmed mask N30i repair
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Fredd000
Unread post  Post subject: Resmed mask N30i repair  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:07 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit N30i nasal cradle lately, and also ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Respironics Remstar Pro System One 60 series
Humidifier: Respironics
Pressure Setting: 8 at present

This is my first post, and I hope someone has the answer to my problem. I have been using a Resmed P10 nasal mask, and while it is light and quiet, it would leak like a sieve. So I have been trying out a Resmed mask N30i (with pillows). This has worked wonderfully. BUT last night, in the early hours, I was fumbling around putting it back on again, and guess what. The pillow thingummy came out!

Now, I have tried to put the two pieces together. It looks simple, but the silastic material is ultra floppy, even after cooling it down in the fridge for a while. I must not be the only person this has happened to. Resmed put it together (did they use glue ? maybe, but I can't see any evidence).

I would like to fix it, and I don't want to have to buy a new one. I am a skinflint who has no insurance or money, and I live in the boondocks. And I always fix my own stuff- or try to.

Please look at the picture. Help! Any home handy men around or DIYers?

Attachments:
File comment: The two pieces of the N30i.
N30i.jpg
N30i.jpg [ 19.26 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Resmed mask N30i repair  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:25 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

I don't have that cushion/part in front of me now to look more closely but I think that you won't be able to reattach the 2 pieces as it was never designed to come apart.

I can't find anything anywhere where it talks about attaching the cushion back onto the base. This usually means it was never supposed to come apart and let people change anything on it.

How ResMed assembled it together I have no idea. It's toast now anyway...maybe some fine line silicone glue application in a last ditch effort to save it.

That part is available as a separate purchase though...and I don't know about where you live but on Amazon here in the US I can get it for about $15.

I suspect it was designed to be a one piece item and not 2 pieces put together but it apparently failed in an area of design. This is the first time I have heard of this happening with the N30i cushion. It simply tore apart.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Resmed mask N30i repair  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 am

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: New and old ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV for now, RT says I need NIV
Humidifier: HumidAir ResMed 10 series with ClimateLine heated hose
Pressure Setting: ASV Auto mode EPAP 4-15 PS 0-10 Odd pressures are OK but don't equate NIV

I have the N30i and it appears yours has suffered a fatal injury. I can't suggest glue as you may breathe fumes. And it's not guaranteed to hold it together. The rigid frame and flexible seal aren't to be separated as in your image.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

Fredd000
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Resmed mask N30i repair  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit N30i nasal cradle lately, and also ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Respironics Remstar Pro System One 60 series
Humidifier: Respironics
Pressure Setting: 8 at present

Thankyou both. I am writing it off. Perhaps it was the 6 months of the tropics that did the job of writing it off. (Just think of being in a sauna for 6 months!)

Luckily the medium size that also came with the mask worked for me last night - but I will be treating it very carefully from now on. Hopefully the other was just a lemon.