id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - New issue with mouth taping.
FAQ
It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:28 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

VegasGMC62
Unread post  Post subject: New issue with mouth taping.  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:36 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10

I've been taping my mouth for the past month and it was going well until the past 3 nights. I'm waking up several times, 3-4, with my mouth blown up like a balloon. I'm using an Airfit P10 nasal pillow. I'm wondering if I should switch to a full face mask now that I know I'm a mouth breather. Thanks

Attachments:
screenshot-20200921-083344.png
screenshot-20200921-083344.png [ 73.93 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New issue with mouth taping.  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Read up on "chipmunk cheeks"...that's what happens when air going up the nose and down the airway enters the mouth and inflates the cheeks.
It can still happen with a full face mask if your lips are shut but obviously easily relieved when using a full face mask...open mouth and let the pressure equalize and no therapy pressure is lost since the mouth is part of the sealed circuit when using a full face mask.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New issue with mouth taping.  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: RT says I need NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: not now
Pressure Setting: wait for NIV

You could try to learn the tongue suck seal method if you want. I myself am not so good at it. My mouth breathing is not so easy to overcome, so I typically go with full face masks. I have a ResMed N/P30i combo if I want to try out nasal or pillows once I get a new machine. The drawback of full faced is more seal area to have leaks. But if you get the best for you mask seal, it should do very good. We're each uniquely different so there's not a good answer universally. You mostly get this by trial and error.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

VegasGMC62
Unread post  Post subject: Re: New issue with mouth taping.  |  Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:32 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10

Thanks. This has never happened in the 3 years I've been using CPAP. I was thinking of getting the Respironics Dreamweaver.