id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - blocking out noises
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:32 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

dreamless
Unread post  Post subject: blocking out noises  |  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:48 am

PAP Mask: Quattro Air full face mask since May '14
PAP Machine: Respironics BiPap ASV System One
Pressure Setting: EPAP 9.0, IPAP 25.0 max, PS 6- 15

I'm 73 years of age, have idiopathic central sleep apnea and have been using an ASV BiPap with a full face mask for the past 8 years. Over the years, I've written to the forum on several problem situations I've encountered. This forum is great. I now have another problem and I'm hoping someone on the forum can help with it.
For close to 30 years, I've lived on a corner property on a very busy state highway and a county road. In recent years, the noise from vehicle exhausts during the night hours have greatly increased, which awakens me and then have problems falling back asleep.
My question is this, would anyone in the forum know of any type of noise block that I could use with the BiPap sleep accessories, eg. earmuffs, earplugs, etc which might help to block out noise? I've tried earplugs and find them mostly uncomfortable and not that effective. I do wear a full face mask and also a chinstrap, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Dreamless

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: blocking out noises  |  Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:24 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: RT says I need NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: not now
Pressure Setting: wait for NIV

I have heard some PAP therapy users adding earplugs to their sleep kit. One in particular uses the foam style that you pinch and then push into your ears. They expand in a few seconds to seal out sounds.

An area you didn't ask and I voluntarily suggest. If you have insurance, you should be able to replace your older Auto SV with a newer machine. In it's advanced hours it may fail at some point. Most insurances will allow new machines at the 5 year mark.

Regardless, hope the info helps.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

dreamless
Unread post  Post subject: Re: blocking out noises  |  Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:40 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro Air full face mask since May '14
PAP Machine: Respironics BiPap ASV System One
Pressure Setting: EPAP 9.0, IPAP 25.0 max, PS 6- 15

Thank you for your reply. I’ll take another look at those.

- Dreamless