id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - How to reduce pressure?
FAQ
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:49 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

vhealth24
Unread post  Post subject: How to reduce pressure?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:45 pm

PAP Mask: Nasal Pillow
PAP Machine: Resmed AirSense 10

As I sleep, the air pressure shoots up really high and I wake up due to this. How do I reduce this? And how do I know which is an ideal setting for me?

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: How to reduce pressure?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

G'day vhealth24. Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like a simple question, but there are a multitude of factors to consider before we can even start to give you an answer. I'll try to cover a few here, but most of it will consist of questions. So here goes:

1. How long have you been on CPAP therapy? If you're brand new to this, the answer may simply be to wait a while, have patience and as you get accustomed to the pressure it won't bother you. On the other hand, if you're an experienced user, then it's likely something has changed in your settings.

2. Did you have a sleep study? If so, can I suggest you post a copy of the results here. The full report including charts and tables, but ensure you delete any personal ID.

2a. Did you get a prescription for your machine (including pressure settings)?

3. What are your machine settings? This will include maximum and minimum pressure, EPR level, ramp duration. To access your settings menu, see this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loe5BHzR4vI

4. Do you know what pressure your machine is actually delivering? If not, follow the video mentioned above, but select "Sleep Report" instead of Settings.

5. I expect you're not yet using Oscar? This is free software which will analyse your therapy on a breath-by-breath basis all night long. You can download it from the link in my signature below. Also, please see the instructions and especially the section on how to format your charts. Then upload one or more "daily pages" and we'll have a look to see what more specific advice we can offer. Don't forget to check if there is an SD card in your machine - the card MUST be in the machine while you sleep, otherwise the detailed data won't get recorded.

Told you it wasn't a simple answer, didn't I? :) But it's not really as bad as it sounds and with the information requested, we'll soon have you sleeping soundly.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: How to reduce pressure?  |  Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:17 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: To be included with Astral & heated single limb leak circuit
Pressure Setting: Will run iVAPS, ResMed's variant on AVAPS

Welcome to the forum. I'd agree with Respirator99. We need a bit more info so we know how to help and to give informed and accurate advice. Once we'd have that info, we will gladly assist.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization