id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Breathing issues after using cpap
FAQ
It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Garry
Unread post  Post subject: Breathing issues after using cpap  |  Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Hello I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea and I just started using my cpap air sense 10 with the nasal mask . However the second day of using it I notice my breathing with kinda of shallow so I stop using it .On my 5 day of not using it my breathing seem to turn back to normal. I want to continue to use the machine so I can get better with my sleep apnea .Is this normal when first starting out using the machine for someone new to sleep apnea therapy Have this ever happen to any of you guys?

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Breathing issues after using cpap  |  Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:17 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: To be included with Astral & heated single limb leak circuit
Pressure Setting: Will run iVAPS, ResMed's variant on AVAPS

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I see and hear quite a few PAP users just starting out have a bit of an issue like this. Despite being used to apnea deficient breathing for some years for most of us, it has become our new normal. Now we are disrupting the old normal, but improper apnea disturbed breathing patterns, in an attempt to regain proper breathing via a PAP. We're upsetting the apple cart by doing this. As it needs upset to get us back to the correct normal, things will feel off, which includes what you're describing.

You aren't doing yourself any favors in 5 days of not using.

As I see a certain pattern in almost all CPAP dispensing, the pressures aren't set to really help, and the settings need to be optimized per individual which Dr. Dolittle and McQuack are not taking the time to do. I suggest you download OSCAR in my signature link. It is entirely free, and yes it is safe to download and install on the PC or Mac. This will depict your PAP usage data that can be seen in far more detail than the MyAir or other basic cheerleader apps the manufacturers spit out.

Take a look at all 3 links, 1 is the download, and the other 2 are help links in a wiki. I also need to mention that after the download, you'll need to use an SD card in the PAP to capture the sleep data then transfer the data to the PC. Also I suggest to newcomers that if you're in the US, HIPAA rules say you may get your sleep study and titration reports. I suggest you do get whichever you've had in detailed, multi-paged report. Then post those here also in redacted of personal info format. We need the data to really help you as is needed. If we have that, we will help you adjust your PAP to make it work better and give you better therapy results.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization