Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Amara view maskand leaks
FAQ
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Mikkik1
Unread post  Post subject: Amara view maskand leaks  |  Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit 10 full face mask
PAP Machine: Air curve 10S
Pressure Setting: 10/4

I have to undergo some eye surgery and have been successfully using a airfit f20 mask for a long time. It restricts areas around my eyes so my doctor recommended an Amara view mask and gave me a sample. I use pressures of 10/4 on a bipap with 1 liter of oxygen only at night and when I tried the Amara view I kept on getting lots of air blowing up my face past my nose. Can you not use this mask with oxygen or am I not fitting it right. I noticed in lefty’s picture of mask that it was over not under his nose. Am I not putting it on correctly.
Thanks for any suggestions.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Amara view maskand leaks  |  Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

I believe there is the big open space that covers the mouth, then a barrier with a hole in it for your nostrils to be over. Hope that helps.

arty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Amara view maskand leaks  |  Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Mikkik,

There is a pretty good video at this link explaining how to fit the mask https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/ ... -face-mask

I can only get a good seal with my Amara View when I use mask liners. I started with liners from Remzzzs http://remzzzs.com/ Once I got them to work I used one of the liners as a pattern (transferred to a piece of cardboard as a template) and now I make my own liners from old tee shirts.

It does take me several minutes each night with pressure on to finally get the leaks to stop. The Amara view has been the only mask I have been able to stick with. Like the video above says, the intent is to have your mouth partially open. I get leaks if I close my mouth.

Good Luck

Art