FAQ
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:03 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

pugdreams
Unread post  Post subject: Husband says I'm choking? But MyAir score was 98? HELP!  |  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Full Face, Swift FX
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: Auto 5-15

OMG. This is perplexing.

I'm determined to make this work. New machine, new mask. Big nightmare.

Last night I used the Dreamwear Full face mask for almost 7 hours (yay!), and got a "score" of 98 on the MyAir app (yay!) and 1.8 events/hour (yay!).

I woke up about 4am, my mask sliding around too much - I'm thinking that by that time, my naturally oily skin is too oily for the mask and it moves around too much. I'm going to try a liner.

But I was pretty pleased with the numbers above, and feel like I had a good nights sleep. Until my husband woke up.

He said it sounded like I was "fighting" with the mask all night - it made all kinds of awful noises, it sounded sometimes like I was going to start snoring, or was choking/gagging then "something" happened with the mask and it made a ton of noise. He didn't sleep at all. :( He said he didn't hear the steady, quiet sound that my old machine/mask made (ResMed S9/ Swift FX for her).

My nose is all stuffy and I'm really bummed this morning about all of this. I was thinking I had a good night until I spoke to him. I don't have an SD card yet, need to get one.

Is this the "auto" feature of my machine?

Any words of advice? Maybe a liner will help? I'm thinking that due to my congestion right now, I wouldn't even be able to use a nasal pillow mask right now? This coupled with my "severe" sleep apnea has me feeling very discouraged.

I really hate apnea. :(

Kara

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Husband says I'm choking? But MyAir score was 98? HELP!  |  Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:38 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

Try it with your swift fx...

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

pugdreams
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Husband says I'm choking? MyAir score 98? Sleepyhead add  |  Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Full Face, Swift FX
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: Auto 5-15

With advice from another apnea forum, I had adjusted my levels to 9-20, EPR is on (not sure whether to mess with that) and have been using my old Swift FX for Her mask - still getting AHIs above 4. Turned humidity down due to some sputtering in the middle of the night. Got up (obv) at 2am, but went back to sleep with mask on. Noticed two "CAs" which I know mean central apneas, but unsure what that is. First one I'm prob still awake. I'm using the swivel hose that I got when I got this new machine (ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset) and Dreamwear full face. THAT was a disaster - but I actually may try it again tonight before I go ahead and exchange it for something else at the DME.

I had been feeling like it was very difficult to breathe, and raising the lower level from 5 has helped. Someone suggested I raise the lower # to 11, and I did that last night. No contact from the DME at all - though I'm sure they see me changing settings? I've had severe sleep apnea for 5 years, so maybe they aren't as concerned. I should ask them what compliance looks like to make sure I'm hitting those numbers for insurance.

Any suggestions? Jason?

Thanks!

Tuesday night:
Attachment:
screenshot-20180411-062105.png
screenshot-20180411-062105.png [ 420.49 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

Monday night:
Attachment:
screenshot-20180410-062415.png
screenshot-20180410-062415.png [ 393.48 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

Sunday night:
Attachment:
screenshot-20180409-072603.png
screenshot-20180409-072603.png [ 436.36 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Husband says I'm choking? But MyAir score was 98? HELP!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:36 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Just wanted to say hi...you already have my thoughts from the other forum and I see no need to duplicate here unless someone else just especially needs it.

The short version...increase the minimum again ...to 10 and then maybe 11 or adjust EPR downward.
Keep max at 20...it won't go near it unless it has a good reason.

Work on getting things optimized with the new machine using the old tried and true Swift FX mask and then revisit the full face mask experiment at a later date.

Seadog
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Husband says I'm choking? But MyAir score was 98? HELP!  |  Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I agree, at 4 or 5 ramp or low pressure I have problems breathing. I raised the Ramp to 9 and low to 10.5 and for me high to 14 and am getting good results. The Dreamwear full face was a disaster for me the first couple of nights, but with strap adjustments the 3rd night was better. I have had sinus congestion allot but started using Navage and it has helped greatly.