Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Figured Out One Thing and A Question
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Figured Out One Thing and A Question  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 am

PAP Mask: I now have the Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Humidifier: Resmed S9 Series H5i Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low is 16 and High is 20

In another topic I posted around a month or so ago I wrote that the Anti Asphyxia valve holes where blowing air into my face while sleeping or rather trying to sleep!

At the time I had a standard type hose which I eventually realized was too heavy and kept the valve hanging down underneath my chin. So when I switched to a Resmed Slim Line Hose it was a little lighter and stayed in place when I turned the valve and hose to the side. So now it's just a tiny bit of air from the valve but that's it and doesn't really bother me as much.

However I did see on a CPAP supply website a little clamp that hooks on to the hose and will clip on to my pajama top or blanket to keep the hose and valve in place a little better.

And Here's The Question:

Sorry I don't know how to do quotes but someone replied to a post to me a while back saying that I should "crank up the EPR" on my Resmed S9 so I will no longer feel like I'm suffocating with my full face mask on.

How high should the EPR number be or should it just be trial and error?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Figured Out One Thing and A Question  |  Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:37 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

EPR is personal choice or preference.
There are only 4 choices...1, 2, 3 and off.
I suggest people try all the options and just choose the one that feels the best to them regardless of the setting.

Ms.OwLMooN
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Figured Out One Thing and A Question  |  Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:49 am

PAP Mask: I now have the Resmed Air Fit F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Humidifier: Resmed S9 Series H5i Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: Low is 16 and High is 20

Pugsy wrote:
EPR is personal choice or preference.
There are only 4 choices...1, 2, 3 and off.
I suggest people try all the options and just choose the one that feels the best to them regardless of the setting.

I just tried each setting and I do "thank you" for the information and I'm going to keep trying.

With the S9 there's also something called a "Patient Setting" besides numbers 1 2 3 and I don't know what that is.

I am still having problems with lots of anxiety though and I'm going to post about it with a different subject now.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Figured Out One Thing and A Question  |  Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

> With the S9 there's also something called a "Patient Setting" besides numbers 1 2 3 and I don't know what that is.

That means the patient can change the setting,without having to go into the clinical menu. put it on that.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur