Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Switching to BIPAP, higher pressure, and new mask tomorrow.
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:16 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Karen
Unread post  Post subject: Switching to BIPAP, higher pressure, and new mask tomorrow.  |  Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 pm

PAP Mask: Amara ViewFFM, Dreamwear nasal, Brevida nasal cushions, Resmed N20 nasal mask
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Humidifier: Built in humidifier
Pressure Setting: Changing- Right now 10-20/6 BIPAP auto

Hi Everyone,

I had quite a few snags to say the least when I started CPAP. My profile will be changing tomorrow.

First of all, I did not have the right full face mask or nasal mask. I was sick for well over a month so could not really breathe through my nose and the mask was causing severe eye problems.

I finally CAN breathe through my nose (never could before CPAP use) and I love the Dreamwear cradle also bought a demo of the Brevida nasal pillows which aren't bad at all but you need to use a lot of humidity with.

My new machine will be a Resmed Aircurve 10? My pressure will be changed to 15/5.

Currently my face mask that seemed to work was an Amara View, although quite honestly I try and switch to Dreamwear or ANYTHING other than full face when I can.

The bottom line question is THIS:
Because I have to lay out another 20% and be charged for a 10 month rental before the machine is MINE....I do get another mask or nasal.

Of course I have viewed all of Jason's you tubes..but what do you think? Of course I want to milk them out of a new mask or something pricey because I pay a lot of money for my insurance. Any ideas? Resmed F20 and Resmed airtouch full face masks caused me problems. I like something that sits lower on my nose and doesn't blow air in my eyes...I will be on a higher pressure.

Thanks.

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Switching to BIPAP, higher pressure, and new mask tomorr  |  Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Sorry Karen, I've only used the F20s and the Simplus, which blew air in my eyes, but I think did sit a little lower than the F20s.