FAQ
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:53 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Rhahn427
Unread post  Post subject: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm

I’m REALLY having a hard time understanding why ResMed would create the Dreamstation and not make a water reservoir large enough to last a whole night. I love the machine and I sleep great until the water runs out (usually around 4.5 hrs). It wakes me up with a dry throat and I have to refill the reservoir. The whole purpose is to give you a full nights sleep so why would you make a reservoir that is too small. I have read that a lot of others have the same problem. It is frustrating to say the least

Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone have a solution? Is there away to increase the reservoir size or make it last?

I have a high air setting, heated tube and heated reservoir set to 3.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:49 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

ResMed doesn't make the Dreamstation...Try adding a room humidifier. You must be in a very dry area or else your home heat is drying out the house. I assume you are mouth breathing...that will dry you out and use more humidity.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:15 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

What is the ambient humidity in your bedroom?
What mask are you using?
What is the leak rate showing for your machine?
What pressure are you using?

Daniel Gagner
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear nasal
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation 500
Humidifier: respironics
Pressure Setting: 9=13

I have a dreamstation but it's made by Phillips. My water container lasts 2-3 nights depending on the room humidity. Longer in the summer, less in the winter. Maine with cold dry winters, but we do humidify.

dreamingofdreaming
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal mask
PAP Machine: Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: APAP 10/17

I have a Dreamstation. My humidity is set on 2 and water lasts all night. It's winter here and cold. My furnace is on all the time which makes it dry in my house.

Lisalisacats
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow - FitPack-1124984
PAP Machine: DreamStation 500 Auto

I have a DreamStation and I only fill it about 1/3 full so I'm not dumping water out every day when I clean it. I still have water in it. I live in the Bay Area in CA

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Dreamstation  |  Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Rhahn427 wrote:
It wakes me up with a dry throat and I have to refill the reservoir.
You have a mouth leak and the water is escaping into the environment. You are also not getting the full benefit of CPAP because of this. You need a double sided boil and bite mouthguard, a chinstrap, or a soft cervical collar to keep your mouth closed....anything to keep the mouth closed. (even if you are using a full face mask. Something to keep from having mouth drop)

Rhahn427 wrote:
I have read that a lot of others have the same problem.
They have a mouth leak too.

End the mouth leak, and you'll only go through about half of the reservoir (depending on how high you have the heat).

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.