FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:46 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Guardsix6
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage Activa LT
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10s
Humidifier: Attached to ResMed AirCurve 10s
Pressure Setting: 22/18 I'm using a BiPAP but not sure if it's set on one number.

I've been using a CPAP for about 14 years. I know I'm on my third machine. I use it every single night and have done so from the beginning.

Is someone supposed to be monitoring my CPAP to make sure it's doing what it's supposed to do? When I got the AirSense 10 from Lincare, they basically told me to take it home and plug it in. In fact, that's all anyone ever tells me. I only go to my sleep doctor once every 5 years and get a new sleep study so I can get a new machine. I have no idea if it's working correctly. I suppose it is because I'm still alive and feeling well!!!

Thanks for any replies.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:34 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Which AirSense 10 model?

There are 4

AirSense 10 CPAP
AirSense 10 Elite
AirSense 10 AutoSet
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her.

There is some basic limited data on the "CPAP" model that you can see and get sort of an idea about your therapy effectiveness.
The other 3 models are what we call full efficacy data machines with even more data available and there is even software available (free) that you can use and see all the details if you wish.

Here's the combo manual for all the AirSense models.
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf
If you want to see the data available on the LCD screen you probably will need to go into the clinical menu setup area and change a setting so you can see the sleep report on the machine screen.
Essentials needs to be set to "Plus"...the default from the factory is "usage" and it's unlikely the supplier changed the default.

There's no reason you can't monitor your own therapy and if you are feeling good and sleeping good and the AHI is below 5...probably don't need to have a doctor do anything. I haven't seen my sleep doctor in coming on 9 years now.

If you do have the basic "CPAP" model...not much sense in bothering with the software because you can see on the screen the same stuff the software will show unless you just want to review the old results.

Guardsix6
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Pressure Setting: 22/18 I'm using a BiPAP but not sure if it's set on one number.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I have the AirCurve 10s. It is supposed to have wifi and I can see it kind of working (about 3 bars), but no one has ever said they were receiving the data.

I just found http://resmed.com/myair and signed up for that, but they can only read the data after you have signed up.

I'm wanting to change to a different mask, but Lincare says I have to have a prescription just to change mask. That doesn't make sense. I'm going to buy one on my own, and then worry about how to get resupplied later. I just realized that there was a mask test feature on the AirCurve 10s. I tried that and adjusted my mask somewhat and it now shows a green (stupid) happy face! I was wondering why it was red all the time on the front display.

I guess I should have paid more attention to what they gave me when I got this machine in 2015. They just handed me a bag/carrier and said the instructions were in the bag and it had been set according to what my doctor wanted. Not a whole lot of customer service, that's for sure.

Again, thanks for the answer. I'm reading a bunch of stuff now and getting myself educated about my CPAP/Bi-PAP.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

It doesn't have WiFi... it has a *cellular modem* that connects back to resmed.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Guardsix6
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Well, I actually got my first report on how my CPAP was working. I went through http://resmed.com/myair and had a score from last night. It was a 68 which was somewhat due to the fact I only got to sleep a little over 5 and half hours. That will go up considerably since I normally sleep for 8 to 9 hours! My mask was sealed all night and I had only 1.5 events which is all good.

II also just ordered a ResMed AirFit N20 and am anxious to see how it works.

Guardsix6
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Monitoring?  |  Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 am

The ResMed AirFit N20 didn't work! The headgear in large was just too dang small! Couldn't get it adjusted to fit well. Had leaks and just didn't feel right. Sent it back.