Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Which ASV machine and mask to get for newbie?
FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:28 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

WildSteelhead
Unread post  Post subject: Which ASV machine and mask to get for newbie?  |  Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi,
I just completed two sleep studies and have been diagnosed with 19 AHIs with primarily CSAs. So I have a prescription for an ASV machine and am wondering if there is a predominant preference of either ResMed or Respironics ASV machines, and why one might be better than the other. I want to make the right choice.

With regard to masks, I am definitely someone that experiences the “smothering” feelings, and also often suffer from nasal congestion, so I used both the Dreamware FFM and the Nasal in the last sleep study. I thought the FFM feel was good, but ultimately it seemed to start leaking, so at 2:30 am we switched to the Nasal. I like the nasal, but ended the study with a very dry mouth which must mean I had my mouth partially open. However the technician said that isn’t entirely bad. I liked the FFM style since my mouth would be covered should it happen to open. I’ve seen reviews of the ResMed F30 that seem to imply it may be better then the Dreamware FFM but would love to hear if others have used both to make a good comparison.

Also, are there cleaning products and/or techniques that I should use/follow?

Lastly, what is the best app/software I should use to monitor my performance on my machine?

Thanks so much in advance.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which ASV machine and mask to get for newbie?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:06 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

most people that I've heard from that have tried both, prefer Resmed... (they invented the whole ASV thing anyway).

dish soap and water, that's all you need for cleaning.

Oscar

WildSteelhead
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Which ASV machine and mask to get for newbie?  |  Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks.