id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Mask selection
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

BigRed
Unread post  Post subject: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am

I am trying to find a mask that works for me. I started with a ResMed CPAP device using a AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask; but found that I have central sleep apnea. Changed to a ResMed ASV but I am having difficulty finding a mask that works. When I changed to the ASV, I changed to the AirFit F30i. This mask works with the ASV device but I have some minor discomfort with the silicon to skin contact. More importantly, I do not like the air flow noise when the air flow rate is rapidly increased which causes the F30i mask to billow. I then switched to the AirTouch F20 (foam seal) but had difficulty exhaling against the air pressure supplied by the ASV. I modified the F20 to have a pressure relief manifold (similar to the F30i) which helped with exhaling. When I used the modified F20 for the first time during the night, I found that the part that fits around the nose caused my nasal passage to constrict. I like some of the features of the F30i (i.e face design and exit air manifold) but do not like the noise. The modified F20 eliminates the noise but nasal constriction causes me to breath through my mouth which wakes me up. Any suggestions for a mask?

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Why the change to full face mask?
There is no reason to not use the nasal pillow mask if you wish.
It's an old wives tale that people using ASV are limited to full face masks.
Were you told that old wives tale?

Sorry, I can't offer much for full face masks as a choice.
They all come with the YMMV sticker and one man's treasure is another man's trash.

I do know that nasal pillow masks can be used with ASV machines because I have done it myself.

Brhinkey
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:32 pm

So..I'm into my therapy 60 days. I started with Amara view full face a couple of things irritate me..Soo based on a video by that Lefty lanky character I ordered a Dreamware full face..My machine is Dreamstation Cpap and my pressure is 8..Can someone tell me if I will need to change my pressure setting..for this new mask...?..The new mask feels luxurious. I've tried sleeping with it not hooked up till I find out about the pressure setting.Lanky leftie was right I wish I had been Givin the Dreamware full face to start.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:14 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

There is no need to change the pressure at all.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:00 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: Accessory to be included to use with Astral
Pressure Setting: Will run iVAPS ResMed's variant on AVAPS

Correct, different masks shouldn't require you to change therapy settings.

On the ASV and masks, I had the ResMed ASV and was successful with full face masks like ResMed F20, but I was trying to be able to use the ResMed N/P30i this means both N and P versions, so as to explain my shorthanded speak. N for nasal and P for pillows. Basically any mask is usable with ASV. It only goes up to 25 just like a VAuto. BTW try looking at the Fisher & Paykel line of masks, full face like the Simplus and newer Vitera are very nice, I've tried both during recent sleep studies. I was able to keep the Simplus, better than the F20 in my opinion.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization

Brhinkey
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Thank you Pugsy and DeltaBravo.

EnlightenMe
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Mask selection  |  Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Airfit F30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 (on Soft Mode)
Pressure Setting: 6-12

Brhinkey wrote:
So..I'm into my therapy 60 days. I started with Amara view full face a couple of things irritate me..Soo based on a video by that Lefty lanky character I ordered a Dreamware full face..My machine is Dreamstation Cpap and my pressure is 8..Can someone tell me if I will need to change my pressure setting..for this new mask...?..The new mask feels luxurious. I've tried sleeping with it not hooked up till I find out about the pressure setting.Lanky leftie was right I wish I had been Givin the Dreamware full face to start.

While you might not need to change your pressure, check that your resistance level is set right. The resistance level (e.g., X2 , X3, etc.) will be printed on the cushion. You can change it in settings. My machine originally had it set too high (I had the Nuance Pro nasal pillow mask which is supposed to be set at X2, but my DME supplier had it set to X3). Changing it made a big difference for me. I've actually changed to a ResMed machine and full face mask now, but I remember this issue. Good luck!