id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - AHI Increase when switch from N20 to Dreamwear Nasal Cushion
FAQ
It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:19 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

dashultz
Unread post  Post subject: AHI Increase when switch from N20 to Dreamwear Nasal Cushion  |  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal cushion or Resmed Airtouch N20
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation
Humidifier: Respironics Dreamstation
Pressure Setting: 9.0 cm/h2o - Flex turned off.

I am a big fan of the Dreamwear Nasal Cushion mask. I find it very comfortable and non-invasive. My AHII when using it at 9.0 cm/h2o (no epr) with a Dreamstation floats between 1.5 and 2.0 pretty consistently. I am also using a cervical collar. I have tried the Airfit N20 in the past and with the new Airtouch N20 cushion coming out, I wanted to try that. With both the airfit and airtouch versions of the N20 at the same pressure settings, I would have an AHI of 0.1 to 0.5. Unfortunately I find that N20 to be much less comfortable when sleeping.

What I am trying to understand is with machine settings (and cervical collar) being the same, what could be causing the 1.0 to 1.5 jump in AHI simply by switching from an N20 to a dreamwear nasal cushion?

Just for completeness, when using the dreamwear, I set the mask setting in the dreamstation to X1. With the N20, I turn off the mask setting since on the dreamstation it is only for dreamwear masks that have an X value.

Thanks,

Derrick

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AHI Increase when switch from N20 to Dreamwear Nasal Cus  |  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am

PAP Mask: F & P Simplus
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Pressure Setting: 12-20

That's an insignificant jump. If you are interested in fine tuning your data, download the Oscar software.

DeltaBravo3.8
Unread post  Post subject: Re: AHI Increase when switch from N20 to Dreamwear Nasal Cus  |  Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:53 pm

PAP Mask: F&P Vitera & Simplus, ResMed F20 N/P30i & old Amara View
PAP Machine: NIV ResMed Astral 150 soon
Humidifier: To be included with Astral & heated single limb leak circuit
Pressure Setting: Will run iVAPS, ResMed's variant on AVAPS

The AHI itself is not a big change, and I'm in agreement with LSAT. Let's see the OSCAR chart and include the critical answer to "how do you feel?" in regards to how therapy and rest, disruptions are affecting you. I feel both data and your symptom list would both needed to get the whole story.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Chart_Organization