Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - CPAP Cozy for Phillips Respironics
FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:03 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

colorlady
Unread post  Post subject: CPAP Cozy for Phillips Respironics  |  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed Mirage FX
PAP Machine: Respironics
Humidifier: Respironics
Pressure Setting: 6-20

I hate how my CPAP machine looks on my night stand. I feel like it makes my room look like a nursing home. So I made this first rough draft of a cover I’m calling a CPAP cozy because it’s like a Tea Cozy. It lifts up very easy to fill the water and is cut out at the back for the plug and the air intake area. If I need to see the dial I just lift up the corner. Not very difficult to make once you make a pattern for your machine using scrap material. I've posted a picture as an attachment.

Attachments:
DSCN1803.JPG
DSCN1803.JPG [ 740.38 KiB | Viewed 3862 times ]
kyhrsluvr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Cozy for Phillips Respironics  |  Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:40 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage FX for her
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset for her
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: 6/10

Very nice :!: :!: . My cpap is pink so it doesn't look too much like a nursing home but I do like your cover. Just think, you can start a business with people sending you swatches of fabric that match their decor, and wah-lah instant improvement for the user and maybe instant riches for you :D .

colorlady
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Cozy for Phillips Respironics  |  Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 am

PAP Mask: ResMed Mirage FX
PAP Machine: Respironics
Humidifier: Respironics
Pressure Setting: 6-20

Thanks. I'm too busy to make these to sell though the idea appeals to my entrepreneurial spirit. I invite someone else with basic sewing skills to jump on the idea.

Your machine is PINK!!!!!! Sha-zam. Thought they were all battleship gray.

kyhrsluvr
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CPAP Cozy for Phillips Respironics  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:28 pm

PAP Mask: Mirage FX for her
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset for her
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: 6/10

Well, lucky me, I got mine last October during breast cancer awareness month. I don't know if pink or any other color is routinely available, they just gave me the pink when I went in for my initial visit with the DME. I also heard about cpap covers (more like films, I think) in various designs. I know my RT at the DME has a horse motif one for hers. I'm not sure if it was just for the Resmed s9's though or if they are available for the respironics machines as well.

I hardly have even basic sewing skills :oops: and no sewing machine, so, alas, the design and making of your covers wouldn't be for me.