728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Anybody tried the SnoreRx?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:59 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Paul Trethewey
Unread post  Post subject: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Looking at your web site, one of your advertisers is "SnoreRx." It is a lower price alternative to the $2000+ dental devices. Do you have any experience with this? Can you recommend it? I'm willing to spend the 100 bucks to try it out, but not if someone tells me it didn't work for them.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:58 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Paul Trethewey wrote:
Looking at your web site, one of your advertisers is "SnoreRx." It is a lower price alternative to the $2000+ dental devices. Do you have any experience with this? Can you recommend it? I'm willing to spend the 100 bucks to try it out, but not if someone tells me it didn't work for them.
I don't know about the SnoreRx for sure, but other devices like this are basically double mouth guards that they charge $50-100 for.

The dental devices that are more expensive are "titrated" for you (jaw advancement) and made of a much more durable material.

I can neither confirm or deny that it works. ;) The problem with these devices is that apnea isn't caused by just one thing. It can be small esophagus, small upper airway, large soft palate, large uvula, large tongue, recessed jaw, abdominal girth, large neck, neurological etc..... or a combination of them.

One of these devices would have to target your specific cause of apnea...

CPAP works on all of them....though neurological is trickier.

I'm usually highly skeptical of these, but they can, have, and do work for some people.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

Paul Trethewey
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:43 pm

I bought one of these and tried it. It works by taking an imprint of your teeth in thermosetting plastic, then after it sets, advancing your jaw outwards in 1 mm increments. To the first approximation, it works. However, there are problems. (1) The device takes up a lot of room in your mouth. As a result, during sleep, when your face muscles relax, your lips are forced open by the bulky appliance inside, and then your mouth and lips dry up; (2) Has an odd smell; (3) After your jaw and TMJ have been pulled forward all night, then the next morning, it feels very awkward to resume normal dental occlusion. Your "bite" has been diddled with, and it doesn't get back to normal until mid-afternoon. An orthodontist warned me not to use this device (or any other dental appliance) because eventually, he said, I would not be able to make my rear molars contact. He also suggested it would make crooked teeth worse. That's unhappy.

So, it almost works. I tried to keep my lips closed using a piece of Post-It full adhesive note paper. It had just about the right amount of stickiness to keep things closed and yet be easily removable. It had the advantage that I could draw a whimsical little smile on it. Silly as it looked, it worked, and I had a couple nights of good sleep with this method. But then I visited the orthodontist, and he poisoned the well.

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:21 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Paul Trethewey wrote:
An orthodontist warned me not to use this device (or any other dental appliance) because eventually, he said, I would not be able to make my rear molars contact. He also suggested it would make crooked teeth worse.
I don't doubt any of that. It possibly could even cause problems with gums. It could also cause some TMJ problems.

I think the important thing to determine the risk/reward. Downside to using an oral appliance vs. the downsides of apnea (assuming it's being effectively treated by the OAT.)

There are certainly downsides of both OAT devices and Apnea. This makes CPAP the preferred method of treatment. Most people who have tried it would agree it takes getting used to, but there really are no permanent side effects to speak of. (I'm sure I can be corrected on this! :) )

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

tan
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:56 am

PAP Mask: P10
PAP Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: EPAPmin=8, PS=7, IPAPmax=25

I tried it. One of the biggest issues for me was that it didn't let me have my mouth closed for it is explicitly designed so. It also strained (and dislocated?) my teeth. Returned it.

amsimmo
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:04 pm

PAP Mask: Pilairo Q
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense Autoset for Her
Humidifier: Built in with Climateline tubing
Pressure Setting: 5-12 cmH20

I tried it and when I woke up, my teeth were loose and I've never even had a cavity before. Scared me to death and never used it again.

SleepyDave
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:11 am

Just incase you've been sitting at your computer for 5 years and need more advice before you make the decision, i've tried snore RX, advanced it all the way forward, and i snored just as much as before. I tried the Zyppah, which has a rubber (probably not the official material) band that goes across the back that keeps the tongue down. I tried it one night and it quieted my snoring just a little. The Zyppah isn't adjustable like SnoreRX. It comes with a slight underbite advancement. Maybe if SnoreRX and Zyppah got together and had a baby, it could be a really good device. I never had any issues with jaw pain with either of them, but i did have sore gums in the morning.

WanderLit
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:47 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal cushion
PAP Machine: AirSense 10 ForHer
Humidifier: built-in
Pressure Setting: 8 cc H2O

I had one and gave it the ol' college try.

It made my lower teeth loose and in the morning, my teeth wouldn't line up right for hours. It also started giving me headaches from the unnatural position of my jaw.

bottom line - hatted it!

~Eve Ensler

sja
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Omg. these reports about loose teeth are so horrible. Until a week or so ago when I was researching CPap alternatives and read that the dental appliances can mess up your teeth I had hoped this route might be an option for me. Now: NEVER!.

AirMech74
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:52 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed AirFit N20
PAP Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Humidifier: HumidAir (comes with machine)
Pressure Setting: 14cmH2O

I bought one and was gonna try it...used it twice...then one of my dogs manged to jump up on the bed and get over to my night stand and got a hold if it, chewed up the case til it opened and then completely destroyed the device...so that was a lil chunk of change down the drain. Wife said that the snoring was a lil quieter than usual

I tried the Zyppah as well....didn't like it, couldn't stand that strap thing, so I would spit it out in my sleep...I sent it back and got a refund.

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 pm

PAP Mask: Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Res Med S10 Auto
Humidifier: Res Med
Pressure Setting: 11-20

Yes I have. If you have stupid teeth that don't match with your top teeth or a jawline that recedes, then you are going to have trouble making the mould. Mandibular advance splint is more customized but costs just as much as a cpap device. Though both can be used in conjuction with each other. If you are still waking up from cpap like I do.

hightower
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Anybody tried the SnoreRx?  |  Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm

I have one of these SnoreRx devices. So, briefly, I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea (AHI of 7.7). They suggested that I could try weight loss first or an oral device if I wanted to avoid CPAP. I told them I was interested in some weight loss anyway, so I decided to give it a try and ordered a SnoreRx. At first I had it set too aggressively and I would wake up in the morning with sore teeth, especially my front teeth. Fearing that I could be doing damage, I decided to stop using it. Fast forward a few weeks and I decided to give it another try, this time with the setting in a more neutral jaw position. It really seemed to help. No sore teeth the next day and I definitely felt better rested then I usually did. So, I feel like it actually does work for me.

HOWEVER, I don't want to take any chances with my teeth long term and I am very curious to try a CPAP machine, so I went ahead and ordered one. I'm going to try using it tonight for the first time. Hoping I have good luck with the cpap! I'll be back to report on my progress and ask questions. I really appreciate this site!