Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Jaw Surgery to Fix Receding Jawline
FAQ
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:17 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Jaw Surgery to Fix Receding Jawline  |  Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm

PAP Mask: Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Res Med S10 Auto
Humidifier: Res Med
Pressure Setting: 11-20

How is the jawline surgery? I can imagine that it's painful and how long is the recovery period? I don't want to cut the soft pallet

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Jaw Surgery to Fix Receding Jawline  |  Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 am

so I am going for this along with braces. 2 years of pain but it should be worth it.

WarpedTrekker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Jaw Surgery to Fix Receding Jawline  |  Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:02 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure Setting: EPAP 4, IPAP 8, IPAP max 14, PS4

What did you find out about it? I have a receding jaw all my life. My dentist said if you are a young child they can fix it. But at my age, 46, he acted like they couldn't without a lot of surgery. So he got a sleep appliance for me, which i haven't really worn yet, since I hate having the device in my mouth.

SleepyHead566
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Jaw Surgery to Fix Receding Jawline  |  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:08 pm

WarpedTrekker wrote:
What did you find out about it? I have a receding jaw all my life. My dentist said if you are a young child they can fix it. But at my age, 46, he acted like they couldn't without a lot of surgery. So he got a sleep appliance for me, which i haven't really worn yet, since I hate having the device in my mouth.

Lankyleft made a video on it here

https://youtu.be/8F3KyMg6LKE

I would go to another doctor if I were you. I have seen people who are 60 years old and have had jaw surgery. It sounds like he's not giving you great advice and is just trying to screw with you. I like CPAP but cpap alone won't help solve my problems as my face needs an entire reconstruction to fix it up.I reckon that most people are born with a receding jawline or don't get braces early on in life because they feel the cost is too much but I don't blame them, however, no one thinks of the long term problems.

https://dentalsleeppractice.com/jaw-sur ... eep-apnea/