728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Radiofrequency tongue ablation, turbinate, septoplasty?
FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

WarpedTrekker
Unread post  Post subject: Radiofrequency tongue ablation, turbinate, septoplasty?  |  Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:25 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure Setting: EPAP 5, IPAP max 16, PS3

My main issue is the base of my tongue collapsing. I am desperate to get this fixed ASAP, due to it causing heart issues at night. I've had several times now, where my heart either went into AFIB or had multiple PVC's (ventricular bigeminy). All due to having multiple obstructions at night and I only have "mild" sleep apnea AHI < 8. I'm mainly interested in radiofrequency tongue ablation, since that seems it might help reduce my tongue size. But I'm scheduled first to have a turbinate reduction and septoplasty to fix deviated septum

Has anyone had any of these procedures, and if so, did they help? Were you able to wear your CPAP mask the same night of the surgery?

Old machine settings:
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
7-14, EPR1

WarpedTrekker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Radiofrequency tongue ablation, turbinate, septoplasty?  |  Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure Setting: EPAP 5, IPAP max 16, PS3

So my ENT said that during the septoplasty, he would insert splints. He said that I could still use my FF mask at night. I don't see how I could use therapy when my nose will be clogged up. Another ENT told me I couldn't use CPAP at all for a few days.

Old machine settings:
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
7-14, EPR1