Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - what to look for in initial sleep study eval
FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:52 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

arnie
Unread post  Post subject: what to look for in initial sleep study eval  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 am

I'll be meeting with the doctor sometime in the next week or so to go over the results of my sleep study. I know there is a lot of data to look at, but what do you think would be the most important elements/values for me to concentrate on? From my brief study of all this, I know I want to know my AHI, my O2 sats, if I had central as well as obstructive episodes, if I had episodes of Cheyne-Stokes breathing, and, of course, to discuss treatment options. That said, what else should I question the doctor about, and are there specific aspects of the evaluation I should read up before my appointment?

Thanks in advance!

PS, I have looked at some of the machine discussion threads, and done some online research, and I think that a good setup might be a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, a heated tube, and probably a FFM since I have some issues with nasal congestion. (Obviously, if it turns out I have mostly CA I would probably need an ASV machine, wouldn't I?) Does all that sound reasonable, or is it even appropriate to think about machines before knowing the results of the study?

jb.sing
Unread post  Post subject: Re: what to look for in initial sleep study eval  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:05 pm

PAP Mask: amara view,
PAP Machine: dreamstation a pap
Pressure Setting: 11

Hi Arnie. I always just ask for a copy of the report, so I can see all the information.

My doctor has his own preference as far as machine brands he prescribes. I am guessing other doctors do as well.
So I think if you know what YOU prefer, and why you can have that conversation with him.