Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Does this make sense? Should i get my study rescored?
FAQ
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 am

Click this Affiliate Link to Support FreeCPAPAdvice when buying from Amazon. Easiest way to support us!

Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

SleepyDave
Unread post  Post subject: Does this make sense? Should i get my study rescored?  |  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I got my sleep study results back and the report stated:

Stage 1 Sleep: 0%
Stage 2 Sleep: 97.7%
Slow Wave: 0%
REM Sleep: 2.3% (only 1 REM period)

I had 7 hypopneas and no Apneas.
It says 0 RERA's but 27 Arousals. I dont know what a general "Arousal" is if it's not a RERA.

They say dreams happen in REM, but i think i start dreaming as soon as i fall asleep. I dream every night. I doubt that happens only during 2.3% of my sleep night.

This seems to not make any sense. Any body have advice on this?

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this make sense? Should i get my study rescored?  |  Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

SleepyDave wrote:
It says 0 RERA's but 27 Arousals. I dont know what a general "Arousal" is if it's not a RERA.

it's an arousal that's *not* related to respiratory effort.

SleepyDave wrote:
They say dreams happen in REM, but i think i start dreaming as soon as i fall asleep. I dream every night. I doubt that happens only during 2.3% of my sleep night.

dreams are more common in REM, but you can dream in any sleep phase.

the fact that you remember dreaming every night is a bad sign, because the brain doesn't form memories while asleep, therefore, the only time you'll remember having a dream is if you are roused during, or immediately after a dream. if you sleep through them, they fade away very quickly.

lucas7bm
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this make sense? Should i get my study rescored?  |  Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm

What made your doctor recommend you a sleep study in the first place? Was it aroulsals, insomnia, snoring?
This could really narrow the possibilities and help you figure out what is going wrong in your sleep. Considering that this sleep study is trustworthy, you probably don't have OSA, but something isn't going well if you needed to make an exam.

SleepyDave
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does this make sense? Should i get my study rescored?  |  Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm

When i had my first sleep study it we because of extreme fatigue, no motivation, tired.

Had blood tests, went to cardiologist (i had a heart attack a few years back so wanted to rule a heart issue out), and everything came back fine. Then i was researching sleep apnea and symptoms lined up pretty good. I recorded myself sleeping and i snored a lot. Bought a pulse oximeter to wear while i slept and it showed a decent amount of desaturations. AHI of about 4-6 depending the night. But then I read and watched video's about RERAs and they couldn't be picked up with the pulse oximeter. Went to pulmonologist who referred me over to have the sleep study.

The 27 arousals i believe are mostly RERA's that the person who scored my sleep test didn't score correctly. Atleast thats the impression i got from my sleep dr.