728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Newly Diagnoised with sleep apnea. 2 weeks now!
FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

breeka
Unread post  Post subject: Newly Diagnoised with sleep apnea. 2 weeks now!  |  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit P10 for her
PAP Machine: Resmed
Pressure Setting: 9-10

Hello,

I am so happy to find this site! I truly do need a hug. I am still waiting to see if i can get back to work as the Dr told the MTO here in Canada and i cant currently do my job it is a driving job. :( its a waiting game. I have the nasal pillow resmed airfit p10 and it is making my nose red and sore. it cost me $225.00 and the support from the tech's is just not there. They wouldn't let me try more then one mask. I still have to go back in and do another sleep test and also a daytime dark room? I am not even sure what that is. All they told me was they want to make sure i can keep myself awake. I don't understand what that has to do with sleep apnea? I have no support system literally no one.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newly Diagnoised with sleep apnea. 2 weeks now!  |  Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

I used lanolin on my nose for a few days... down here, it's in the nursing mothers section of the pharmacy... for sore nipples.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Brandt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newly Diagnoised with sleep apnea. 2 weeks now!  |  Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed F10
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto BiLevel running in standard mode not autoset
Humidifier: Built-in set at 4
Pressure Setting: 15/11 cmH2O

I have a driving job and had dark room test. It was to make sure I could stay awake in dim room. To see how sleepy I was or not and the CPAP was working. I had sit in room like 45 minutes or 1 hour. 4 separate times with a 30 minutes break between each test. I was just to make sure you don't fall asleep just from being in a dark room.

Seems like they should let you try more then one mask. I thought 30 days for new mask was standard. We can return a mask during the first 30 days if we don't like it

Phlier
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Newly Diagnoised with sleep apnea. 2 weeks now!  |  Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit F20 with the memory foam seal
PAP Machine: ResMed 10 Autoset
Humidifier: ResMed 10 Autoset built in. Set to 8 (max for this machine)
Pressure Setting: 9.6/16.0

Brandt wrote:
I have a driving job and had dark room test. It was to make sure I could stay awake in dim room. To see how sleepy I was or not and the CPAP was working. I had sit in room like 45 minutes or 1 hour. 4 separate times with a 30 minutes break between each test. I was just to make sure you don't fall asleep just from being in a dark room.

Seems like they should let you try more then one mask. I thought 30 days for new mask was standard. We can return a mask during the first 30 days if we don't like it

I apologize for starting this post off topic. :)

Brandt, I had to comment on your name. My first name is Brandt, too. Not often you see people named this, let alone spelled our way.

OP, I had the exact same problem with nasal pillows. Not only would my nose get red and sore, but I'd also get an infection right where the pillows touch. I solved this by using generic Neosporin (ointment antibiotic) that cleared it right up. I ended up not staying with nasal pillows, though, as I always ended up waking up in the night with air blowing out of my mouth, even if I was wearing a chin strap.

There are so many masks on the market now that you'll be able to find one that works for you. Just don't settle on something that's just kinda ok; keep trying different masks until you find one that truly works for you. My test for a mask that works: If I wake up in the morning and can't feel the mask on my face, it's a winner.