Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Periodic breathing
FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Garyleonard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Periodic breathing  |  Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:58 am

PAP Mask: Breveda and dreamwear with nuance cushion
PAP Machine: resmed airsense 10 elite
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: CPAP pressure 10

Hi, last few days AHI 3, 4.2, 6.1. Managed to speak to local clinic I've been referred to. They said they tend to use fixed pressures if there are CAs and ir periodic breathing as running a range can cause CAs and periodic breathing as the machine may misdinterpret events and increase pressure leading to more CAs etc. They recommend starting at 8 and staying at that till the centrales and periodic breathing stop then increase if there are onmbstructives and hypopneas. Any thoughts anyone? I've been trying to watch Jason's YouTube videos to educate myself. So much to learn hey? Good to be in touch, it helps. Thanks
Gary x

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Periodic breathing  |  Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:25 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Hi Gary,
I have nothing to add, except I noticed you didn't fill out your profile with machine, pressure, and masks. That can be helpful with future questions and you can change it when you need to.

Stay in touch,
Cindy

Garyleonard
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Periodic breathing  |  Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:35 am

PAP Mask: Breveda and dreamwear with nuance cushion
PAP Machine: resmed airsense 10 elite
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: CPAP pressure 10

Ah hadn't figured out how to input it, done now. I'm not very IT literate lol. Interestingly last night was 2.7 and only 2 obstructive apneas. However when I zoomed in on them they were both preceded by breathing and only lasted 7 seconds. I'll post a screenshot later when I've got Wifi to see if you guys agree? But seems definitely one of them was not an OA. I've moved to a new house and new wifi on 17th July. Using my sisters at present.
Gary