id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Meaning of "Clear Airway" on Sleepyhead
FAQ
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:16 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Meaning of "Clear Airway" on Sleepyhead  |  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: Currently pressure 7 to 12

Can't quite figure out what that means. Does it mean you need to clear your airway or that it is clear, in which case why does it pop up? Hope question isn't too silly. Looked it up under the meaning of terms but couldn't see it there. Understand all the other terminology but not that one. Thanks

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Meaning of "Clear Airway" on Sleepyhead  |  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:53 am

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

It's a stupid term *made up* by Philips Respironics, when the rest of the respiratory industry uses the term "central".

it means, you're having an apnea (not breathing) and your airway isn't blocked, so there's no effort to breathe. (which is, by definition, a central apnea).

If you're just having a few here and there, just ignore them, they're insignificant.

SkinnyFemale
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Meaning of "Clear Airway" on Sleepyhead  |  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Pressure Setting: Currently pressure 7 to 12

Thanks. I do have apnea sometimes lasting more than minute for no apparent reason (which I think of as central), but when I look at CA there doesn't really seem to be anything. Looks like a normal respiration. I have discovered nasal pillow and am getting remarkably better results, sometimes as low as 1.3 but not higher than 3 for the past 7 days. Struggling with a pillow that works with my arthritic neck. Also think of Cheyne Stokes as central.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Meaning of "Clear Airway" on Sleepyhead  |  Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:13 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

> (which I think of as central)

What does that mean? either it's flagged as a central, or it's not.

> Also think of Cheyne Stokes as central.

CSR is a particular pattern of waxing and waning breathing that has central apneas between the breathing cycles.