Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Studies Completed...Now the Doc
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:13 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto

Finally I get to see the doc...based on the data above she immediately prescribes and ASV machine (which is what I suspected based on all the CA's).

Then going over my Echocardiogram to see if there is a correlative heart problem, she stumbles upon the fact that I took my sleep test at a different elevation than the elevation of my residence. (I live at 3500 ft and the test was done at 7200 ft.).....SO she says I have to have another test at that lower elevation.

Seeing how dejected I must have looked, she suggest that If I take a APAP machine now and try it for a month, she will be able to tell if the CA''s are gone, or if I need a new titration for the ASV at the lower elevation. She suspects that the CA's will not be there at the lower elevation, given I don't have any heart problems or other causes for the CA's.

So, that is where it stands. I will get the APAP hopefully next week, and begin to accumulate date for her to analyze.

I am very disappointed...I was looking forward to some relief from this tiredness and headaches...but if this works, it would be quicker than scheduling another 'split study' at my residential elevation (which would probably take 4-6 weeks).

Will this plan work? Can the APAP show CA's? Will the APAP relieve any of my symptoms? Does the ResMed APAP send data directly to the doc? I have my next appointment 1/10/18

Why can't anything ever go smooth? :cry:

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:03 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

You getting a ResMed APAP?? Then yes...it will show central apneas if you have them.
Unknown if the APAP will relieve any of your symptoms...worth trying though.
Data transmission...most likely you will get an AirSense 10 AutoSet if you are getting a ResMed apap...and it transmits the data to the "cloud" and your doctor has the ability to access the "cloud" and get the data.
You can also use the ResMed website called "MyAir"...but what you get from them is pretty much the highlight summary statistics. For in depth evaluation you would need the software..either SleepyHead or ResScan.

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 am

Pugsy, I have already downloaded the Sleephead and it is ready to go.

Do you know how this Machine measures CA's? In the sleep study, I had two belts around my chest and stomach that were used to determine if I was breathing. What does the Airsense 10 Auto use to differentiate an OA from a CA?

Also, will I have access to all the controls or does the DME or Doc have exclusive access?

I am busy watching all of LEfty's vids that address this machine today!

Thanks for your info.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:35 am

AirSense 10 clinical manual will explain how to get to the ultra secret settings that the DME might not be too forthcoming about.
https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf

Page 8 explains how the machine distinguishes centrals from obstructives.
Also a little explanation as to what CSR looks like.

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 am

I am on my second night with my New Resmed APAP and use Sleephead to look at my data.

My AHI has decreased from 30.2 on Orig PSG to 3.6 and 75% of those events are Centrals.

I also was alarmed to notice that on the 2nd night I had 14 minutes of Cheyne Stokes...continuous. (CSR was observed on my orig PSG also).

How serious is this matter/ Should I call the doctor now or wait for more date...this is only my second night.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:28 am

You can call your doc if you are really concerned but I am betting that he will adopt a wait and see approach and want to give things time to settle down a bit.

AHI of 3ish even if they were all real centrals wouldn't alarm most docs.

The CSR thing....I don't know if he would want to do more than wait and see for it either since they opted for this machine and your centrals aren't too numerous.
Some people can have CSR for no known (or alarming) reason. So it doesn't always mean something bad is going on and 14 minutes isn't really all that much time in the grand scheme of the night.

If it bugs you too much though...by all means run it by the doc if nothing more than for peace of mind.

Allessio77
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Studies Completed...Now the Doc  |  Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:34 pm

I have contacted the Doc because I got my Pulse Ox Machine working and the first night, during a cluster of CA's, I had 51 desaturations of less than 88% and 25 minutes in the desaturated state.

This is making me nervous.

What also is unnerving me is that the WAITLIST for a Study in my home town is 7 weeks and I don't see the doc until Jan 13. This is too long.

I sent the doc the data and charts and asked if she sees a need to prescribe the ASV without another study...or, barring that, if we can schedule the study now (for FEB) to get things moving.