728x90 Scratch It & Reveal Big Saving Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - CA readings in SleepyHead.
FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10
Pressure Setting: 6-14cmH20

Hello All.

I've been on a CPAP now for 5 days. After some difficulty, in the last 2 days, I have been able to spend full nights with my mask. I'm currently using the Dreamwear Nasal Mask. My sleep doctor wanted to start me on it but thinks that I might have to move to a full mask since he thinks i might be a mouth breather. I unfortunately am not sure. I started using the amazing app SleepyHead and have noticed that I've been getting more Clear Airway events. From what i've been reading (which hasn't been much) i believe that's confirming that I am breathing through my mouth. I've attached my results from last night, would anyone be able to help me confirm that? Thank you in advance for the help.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 7.27.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 7.27.09 AM.png [ 635.95 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]
LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Ignore your CAs. They do not reflect breathing through the mouth. You don't have enough to worry about...They reflect stopping breathing for 10 seconds + with no blockage. Very common for most people.

Figgy15
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am

PAP Mask: Dreamwear Nasal Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10
Pressure Setting: 6-14cmH20

I appreciate the info LSAT. Thank you.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

An occasional real central is normal. Like a sleep onset central or a sleep stage transition central.
Like LSAT said....they have nothing at all to do with mouth breathing.

If you are doing any mouth breathing to amount to anything it should show up in the leak rate numbers and your 95% leak rate number is so low it isn't even worth mentioning at 1.20 L/min. Ignore the max number because that is probably just a quick mask reseating or taking it off briefly.
I guarantee you that your 95% leak number is a heck of a lot better than mine. I do a happy dance if it is just in single digits like 8 or something.

ResMed won't flag a large leak until you hit 24 L/min and there are no Large Leak flags at all. See the LL on the Events graph? That's large leak and mouth breathing is a leak and it will show up if it happens.
A leak is a leak no matter where it comes from.

Vilippo
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit N20
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Humidifier: ResMed HumidAir
Pressure Setting: 4-20

Hi,

I got severe sleep apnea diagnose recently and in my sleeptest had AHI 43 and mainly OA, but also some CA's. I'm not sure if it is mixed or complex sleep apnea. Now I have been using Resmed Airsense 10 autoset for a week and doesn't feel any better. I have had CA AHI 6-15 per night, but mainly in early morning hours. When measured for two hours AHI can be over 30. I tried to read about them at forum and watched videos, but couldn't understand when these CA's are meaningful. SleepyHead have also reported 19min of Cheyne-Stokes respiration, but only once.

If these CA's are for real, is this complex SA? After starting CPAP my OA have almost gone. Doctor will check my statics after three weeks. Should I wait for that (two more weeks) or call to him and ask to check earlier?

Thank you for your help and nice site, I love the videos!

Attachments:
CA-ss.jpg
CA-ss.jpg [ 558.92 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]
CA-s.jpg
CA-s.jpg [ 546.19 KiB | Viewed 200 times ]
LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:26 pm

PAP Mask: Simplus
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

To me....Your CAs look real....You should discuss them with your doctor. It's possible that you will need a different machine.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: CA readings in SleepyHead.  |  Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:27 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

The fact that it's only towards the end of the night makes me a little suspicious..

But getting checked out wouldn't be a bad idea.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur