Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crappy..
FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 pm

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

EatPlants
Unread post  Post subject: Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crappy..  |  Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:46 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 4-7.8 APAP

After months of fighting with my insurance finally bought my CPAP off of Craigslist—Airsense 10 + Airfit P10—for my mild OSA (AHI 8.8). Pressure is set between 4 and 7.8 Below are 2 screens of the OSCAR report—AHI for last night was 0.11, there were no apnea events except for one central apnea, although that wasn't my diagnosis, and I don't understand what it means.

The problem is that I woke up 7 - 10 times during the night, felt multiple times that my mask was leaking (shooting air in my eyes, husband reported also hearing leaks), and importantly felt unrefreshed and crappy in the morning
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.14.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.14.21 PM.png [ 640.29 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]

Is it possible OSCAR didn't record correctly? I went to bed around 11, yet it started recording around midnight (I believe I fell asleep earlier). Or am I misdiagnosed? If OSCAR is right and my diagnosis is correct, then why do I feel so crappy and why am I waking up so many times (one of 2 reasons I want to use the CPAP)?

Any wisdom?

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.14.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.14.21 PM.png [ 640.29 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.10.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.10.21 PM.png [ 659.72 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crap  |  Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:39 pm

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

There is a clock on your machine...you need to set it to your correct local time.

OSCAR only reports what the machine records. It can't make stuff up.

An occasional central means nothing and is normal. We can all have them on occasion.

You probably feel crappy because of general poor sleep quality because of all the awakenings.
There's a lot more to getting good quality sleep than just a nice low AHI number.

EatPlants
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crap  |  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:08 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense 10
Pressure Setting: 4-7.8 APAP

Thanks Pugsy,

I’ll see if the clock is set up correctly. What else can I do to stop waking up? If A/H isn’t doing it, what else can be the culprit? I sleep in a very dark room, so light isn’t an issue.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crap  |  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:41 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

Lots of stuff can cause wake ups.
Pain
Comfort
Medication side effects
general insomnia issues (google sleep maintenance insomnia causes)
Stress
Pets
Temperatures
Hormones
and the list is endless....sleep apnea is but one item on a very long list.

First thing to do is try to figure out what might be causing the wake ups so you can then try to fix the problem and it is often easier said than done...both the figuring out of the cause and the fixing once you know the cause.

Shirley
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Does OSCAR give bogus reports? AHI 0.11 yet feeling crap  |  Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am

PAP Mask: nasal pillows
PAP Machine: Resmed P10
Humidifier: yes
Pressure Setting: 10/17

I would try increasing your max pressure to 20 and let the machine run on auto and it decides what your pressure is. If I had your settings, I would feel like I was suffocating.