FAQ
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:10 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

Doug was sleepy wrote:
Too bad there is not a mode for drying by just running the fan on our PAP MACHINES 30 MIN HEATED HOSE FOR EXTRA SANITATION

The ResMed machines continue to run at low speed for a short period after they are turned off...This is designed to dry the hose.

MrDoh
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:35 am

PAP Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
Pressure Setting: 10-12cm

I also have a Hurricane dryer, and like it a lot. I use it after I wash my tubing, humidifier tank, new masks, et. al. to get a quick drying process. Which I see the value of around here in mold central. It's made to use air at the right temperature for drying...using a hair dryer would make me nervous, and I don't want to use my cpap for that.

Anyways, works for me *smile*.

LSAT
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 pm

PAP Mask: Quattro
PAP Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
Pressure Setting: 12-20

MrDoh wrote:
I also have a Hurricane dryer, and like it a lot. I use it after I wash my tubing, humidifier tank, new masks, et. al. to get a quick drying process. Which I see the value of around here in mold central. It's made to use air at the right temperature for drying...using a hair dryer would make me nervous, and I don't want to use my cpap for that.

You are using an S9 machine...When you turn off the blower it continues to run at a very low blower speed for up to an hour...the only way to turn it off is to pull the plug. Your Hurricane is doing what your CPAP has already done.

MrDoh
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:11 am

PAP Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask
PAP Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
Pressure Setting: 10-12cm

LSAT wrote:
MrDoh wrote:

You are using an S9 machine...When you turn off the blower it continues to run at a very low blower speed for up to an hour...the only way to turn it off is to pull the plug. Your Hurricane is doing what your CPAP has already done.

Of course, but I'm not talking about drying after everyday "after use" kind of thing, I'm talking about quick, complete drying after washing my stuff, when it's really wet. To avoid mold, etc.

Never mind.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:15 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

[quote="MrDoh" I'm talking about quick, complete drying after washing my stuff, when it's really wet. To avoid mold, etc.
.[/quote]
I avoid mold by not washing my hose :D

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Ifeelwaybetter
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:08 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto
Humidifier: Adaptive, Heated Tube
Pressure Setting: 9.0 - 15.5

I wash everything daily - hose, humidifier tank, and mask (except the fabric....that goes in the washing machine and dryer once a week). Maybe sharing to much info., but it all comes into the shower with me every morning, then dries for the rest of the day. Sure, there is a bit of water in the hose when I set it up for bed, but I just turn on the blower and walk away. No big deal. The washing process adds about 2 minutes to my morning shower.

Lisalisacats
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow - FitPack-1124984
PAP Machine: DreamStation 500 Auto

My tubing was never drying all the way no matter how many times I "swung" it so I decided I needed to bite the dust and get a Hurricane Dryer. I also have allergies and asthma and didn't want to use a system that had been sitting around wet all day.
I just got mine yesterday and was disappointed that my heat tubing didn't fit over the nozzle for tubing with the basket in. One side didn't fit over the nozzle at all.. I decided to try it anyway without putting the tube end over the nozzle before I sent it back. I put in my gel mask, pillows, and water chamber. I set it for 60 minutes. I decided to check it at 30 minutes and was very pleased to find that almost everything was completely dry. The only thing not dry was the inside of the gel mask. I took everything else out and finished the 60 minutes. It was dry. Wondering about the hose nozzle, tho.
Since I have mine set up in the kitchen the noise level doesn't bother me.
Question....is it a problem if I leave my "parts" in the dryer after it's all done or do I need to take them out right away?[/color][/size][/size]

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:31 pm

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

Lisalisacats wrote:
My tubing was never drying all the way no matter how many times I "swung" it so I decided I needed to bite the dust and get a Hurricane Dryer. I also have allergies and asthma and didn't want to use a system that had been sitting around wet all day.
I just got mine yesterday and was disappointed that my heat tubing didn't fit over the nozzle for tubing with the basket in. One side didn't fit over the nozzle at all.. I decided to try it anyway without putting the tube end over the nozzle before I sent it back. I put in my gel mask, pillows, and water chamber. I set it for 60 minutes. I decided to check it at 30 minutes and was very pleased to find that almost everything was completely dry. The only thing not dry was the inside of the gel mask. I took everything else out and finished the 60 minutes. It was dry. Wondering about the hose nozzle, tho.
Since I have mine set up in the kitchen the noise level doesn't bother me.
Question....is it a problem if I leave my "parts" in the dryer after it's all done or do I need to take them out right away?[/color][/size][/size]

I don't think there's a problem leaving it in the dryer after it's done. And as for the heated hose, I think you put the other end of the hose over the nozzle, the side without the microchip. Let us know if it works that way so we can pass along the information if needed.

Lisalisacats
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am

PAP Mask: Respironics DreamWear Gel Pillow - FitPack-1124984
PAP Machine: DreamStation 500 Auto

I tried putting both sides over. The side that fits on the mask is too small and the side that goes into the machine fits over it but not with the metal basket. Used it again today and it works great.

Silent Snootch
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:03 am

PAP Mask: Philips Respironics DreamWear
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics DreamStation
Humidifier: See Above - Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 12 cmH20

I love the machine as well. Even made my wife a little bit happier when she started to use it and saw how easy it was and how quickly it worked.

The only downfall for me is, I have a Dreamwear mask and they use an adapter inside the hose to connect to the top of the mask. That connector now makes it impossible to attach the hose to the dryer port. Because its a heated hose, I cannot connect the other end either. I am left just trying to set the hose just right in front of that dryer port to get as much air flowing through the tube as possible.