Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - In love with the HURRICANE dryer
FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Snuggybrinks
Unread post  Post subject: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 am

PAP Mask: Airfit F10 for her
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP
Humidifier: Dreamstation humidifier & heated tubing
Pressure Setting: 6-12 cm h2o

I purchased a hurricane dryer after watching Jason's review video on YouTube.

I just wanted to share how much I love it.

My personal equipment is completely dry inside and out in half an hour.
If I do a deep cleaning (weekly) with tubing etc. Or doing both my husband and I's equipment all at once, It is dry in an hour.

I think it is a great product at a reasonable price. I am so happy with it.

I just wanted to share!!

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:41 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Yeah, it's a pretty spiffy little machine. :)

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

JasonInAlaska
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:43 am

PAP Mask: DreamWear by Philips Respironics
PAP Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine by Philips Respironics
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier & heated hose by Philips Respironics
Pressure Setting: 9-18

I'm just wondering. What terrible things will happen to me if I don't get my tube dry? I was it in the morning and then hang it to dry through the day.

I've thought cutting a microfiber cloth into strips. Tying it to a string with a fishing weight and enough line to make it through the tube, so I can pull the towel through the hose to dry it off. But I haven't bothered yet am and wondering if it's something to worry about.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:10 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

JasonInAlaska wrote:
I'm just wondering. What terrible things will happen to me if I don't get my tube dry? I was it in the morning and then hang it to dry through the day.

I've thought cutting a microfiber cloth into strips. Tying it to a string with a fishing weight and enough line to make it through the tube, so I can pull the towel through the hose to dry it off. But I haven't bothered yet am and wondering if it's something to worry about.

well, if it sits all day, it could theoretically start to mold and mildew, though probably not enough to detect without scientific measurements.

I've always thought, if you're gonna wash the hose, do it just before use, let the big bits drip out, and then hook it up and let it blow for a moment, then use it... after all, if you're using humidification, you may have at least a little water condense in the tube anyway.

I'm in the "don't wash hose unless it looks like it needs it" and after four years, it still doesn't.

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

trish6hundred
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:45 pm

PAP Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
PAP Machine: Resmed S9AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: H5I
Pressure Setting: Titrated Pressure is 10 CM-H2O, I use a range of 7/20 CM-H2O.

Hi snuggybrinks,
I like my Hurricane Dryer too.
I used to use a CPAP machine and that worked too but I like this a bit better.

AdeleWaJo
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:56 pm

I really like mine too. Works like a charm and if I am late washing my equipment it will be dry before I go to bed.

kb2qqm
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:17 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed Mirage FX, Resmed F10.
PAP Machine: Resmed Apap Autosense 10 w/heated humidifer
Humidifier: Heated Humidifier
Pressure Setting: 5-9cm

I need to buy one... I thought I would do that SoClean2 thing...but watched the video and decided normal cleaning with water and Dawn Dishwashing Liquiid and doing the tube circular thing was working.

Honestly I have gotten lazy and I clean my heated hose weekly with DD and Vinegar every Saturday, but I have been not pouring out my humidifier every night... So ever since I had the flu and the Pnuemonia I have not been able for like 6 weeks to shake this stupid chest congestion... So I replaced all the parts I could replace on the machine and in 2 nights my symptoms started to subside, so I think I need to "up" my cleanings and get back on track and the Hurricane I think will help me to accomplish daily cleanings...

Greg

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 am
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Fresh water every night in the humidifier will help out GREATLY. Also letting your tubing and humidifier dry out between uses will help.

Using Dawn soap should be fine, just need to dry out the equipment. Fresh water is a must for the humidifier.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

TonySee
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

PAP Mask: PR GoLife, SW Elan, Dreamwear
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense C Autoset
Humidifier: ResMed Climate Control Kit
Pressure Setting: 8cm H2O

In general, I don't see myself as obsessed by cleanliness but when it comes to CPAP I figure that when you're breathing in warm, moist air at a time when your body's capacity to fight bugs is at its lowest (ie when you sleep), is a strong incentive to go the extra mile (these days we say kilometre in Australia).

So I have a SoClean that I use everyday and it's very convenient and easy to use. Notwithstanding Jason's doubts -- I don't find his review that convincing -- I'm erring on the side of cleanliness. I also wash the components once a week and have two sets which I cycle through weekly.

I like to have a Hurricane too because even though our Winters are fairly mild by North American standards (more like California I suppose), getting the components dry is difficult. Unfortunately the Hurricane is not set up for other electrical systems outside the US.

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

TonySee wrote:
a time when your body's capacity to fight bugs is at its lowest (ie when you sleep), .

you mean, during the prime healing period?

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

TonySee
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 pm

PAP Mask: PR GoLife, SW Elan, Dreamwear
PAP Machine: ResMed Airsense C Autoset
Humidifier: ResMed Climate Control Kit
Pressure Setting: 8cm H2O

Paradoxically, diamaunt, I think you're right. They say laughter is the best medicine, but I think it comes second to sleep.

Sleep2snore
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:52 am

PAP Mask: Nasal Pillows - Swift FX
PAP Machine: Remstar Airsense 10 Autoset / Remstar Auto Cflex APAP as back up!
Humidifier: Also F&P stand alone (Used with back-up machine).
Pressure Setting: 10 - 20

I am the bad boy of the users, I wash it, hang it up for a while, plug it in and use it. It is always flushed through with fresh water, but sometimes it is not 100% dry. But after I use it for a while it is as dry as the humidifier will allow it to be. I have even had to put on wet headgear as it is still wet (damp anyway) but then I have no choice, either use it or do without CPAP for a night! That ain't gonna happen!

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 am

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

As for the headgear, I just use my hair blow-drier if it's still damp when I am going to bed. Now that I am acquiring more masks, I may invest in the Hurricane Drier. I had thought about it before I received my equipment, even making space on my dresser for it, but then thought I'd wait and see.

tjwoody
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20, Amara View (primary mask)
PAP Machine: Philips Respironics Dreamstation autoSV
Humidifier: Dreamstation humidifier
Pressure Setting: Max ipap - 28.0, Epap 8.0-15.0, PS 0-20

cindyY wrote:
As for the headgear, I just use my hair blow-drier if it's still damp when I am going to bed. Now that I am acquiring more masks, I may invest in the Hurricane Drier. I had thought about it before I received my equipment, even making space on my dresser for it, but then thought I'd wait and see.

It occurs to me that you could also use the blow drier on the hose and humidifier tank as well. A lot cheaper than the hurricane. The advantage to the Hurricane is, of course, that you can put your equipment in it, turn it on and forget it. So the question becomes how much is convenience worth?

cindyY
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 am

PAP Mask: AirFit P10, Swift FX, Swift FX Nano, Eson2
PAP Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto in S mode
Humidifier: Integrated set to 5 @ 81F; ClimateLineAir heated hose
Pressure Setting: IPAP 19 EPAP 15

I just let the humidifier tank dry by itself. The hose is another issue. I wouldn't want to hold the hose by its end and aim my blow dryer at it, unless I used no heat, I would end up burning my fingers. With the headgear I can lay it down on a towel or my ironing board and use the blow dryer.

hoserdude
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 pm

PAP Mask: Philips Dreamwear under nose Nasal mask
PAP Machine: Resmed aircurve 10 ST bipap
Humidifier: resmed heated
Pressure Setting: Ipap16 /Epap 13

You could also hang your hoses and masks over a top loaded hepa filter where the fan blows out the top for an hour or two they can be bought at Target or Walmart Amazon. Holmes is one brand there are several others. from $50-$100 even have ones with ionizers in them.

Pur is another brand PureZone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier - 3 Speeds Plus UV-C Air Sanitizer works pretty good dry in an hour too. No heat though.

Chunkyfrog
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:15 pm

PAP Mask: P10
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset For Her
Humidifier: Built-in
Pressure Setting: 9.2-13

The hair dryer has been my "go to" for ages, but low heat only on hard plastic. Be careful not to melt anything.

Wolfbane
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:00 pm

PAP Mask: DreamWear Nasal cushion
PAP Machine: Resmed 10 Auto in cpap mode
Pressure Setting: 10 cm H2O

I love the idea of the Hurricane Dryer, but the cost is more than I can afford right now. I’ll go “old school” and see how that works out. Since I am very mold sensitive, I need to be careful.

Doug was sleepy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:55 am

I flush with hot tap water, tube and humidifier few drops of dawn with hot tap water, swish back and forth a few times, rinse clean til no bubbles then triple rinse. Hand wash mask and outside. Drip dry hose and mask, 2 cups fresh distilled water humidifier and cap off ready for next night. I feel no need or worries to competely dry except for storage or travel, the I put in zip lock bag for storage.
50/50 vinigerer and water swish a few times then let sit for 15 to 20 minutes then wash as above once a week, or before long term storage when completely dry. (Does not take very long!)
I do not want a dryer I have to clean and sanitize allso! (Air quality in the home and the cpap that cannot be cleand or disabled by user is a bigger concern, change or clean filter often or as needed is the best I can do.
Daily cleaning seems excessive to me unless I feel a cold or something coming on. The mask seems to be the most important to me as for with the constant flow how is the rest going to get contamination unless it comes in from the filter and or build up in machine? Too bad the insides of machines were not designed to be cleaned inside! (Heated humidification does create a perfect environment for things to grow.) Changing water or cleaning more often won't hurt. (Do what make you comfortable based on environment and your situation! )

Doug was sleepy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: In love with the HURRICANE dryer  |  Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:03 am

Too bad there is not a mode for drying by just running the fan on our PAP MACHINES 30 MIN HEATED HOSE FOR EXTRA SANITATION