div id="Mask Bright" style="width:728px;margin:auto;float:center";z-index:8"> Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Need BIPAP Therapy
FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 am

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Countryguy
Unread post  Post subject: Need BIPAP Therapy  |  Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:30 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airfit F10
PAP Machine: Resmed Airsource10 VAuto
Humidifier: Humidity Chamber and Heated Hose
Pressure Setting: 4 - 10

:o Well, I now have a 2month old Resmed Autoset 10 for sale and does anyone have or know of a gently used BIPAP for sale???

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need BIPAP Therapy  |  Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Check out your local Craigslist posts. Usually frequent great deals. If you aren't sure one is a good deal then ask here!

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

Countryguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need BIPAP Therapy  |  Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 am

:cry: Hello Jason and gang. I have not been posting or using my machine for a while, due to no positive results. |I just had my lever 1 sleep study last night, and they tell me I need a bipap machine that can be set with a 10 chh2o backup, and oxygen. They also discover that I don't qualify for assistance due to not matching required numbers (go figure) My question is, would it matter if I had a machine with auto backup? Woud the Resmed Aircurve ST then be my best bet? Also, once I was on the correct bi-level with backup, would not that oxygen requirement change? Please let me know asap because I am going bonkers with stress, which is just great for my half a heart, lol!

Regards,
Martin

Countryguy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need BIPAP Therapy  |  Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 am

Hello Jason and company. Sorry I have not posted, thanking anybody. I quit using my machine while awaiting my level 1 sleep test which I had last night. They informed me this morning I require a BIPAP with backup set at 10 cmh2o, and oxygen. Also discovered that the (required numbers) were not there for me to qualify for assistance, so I am looking at a lot of money. My questions to you are: Would it matter whether my bi-level had a fixed backup of 10, or would the auto backup serve as well? Also, once on the correct bipap therapy, would that not reduce the requirement for oxygen at night? At my level 3 study they said my O2 goes to 82%, and last night they told me it is (in the 70's) they like to be mysterious, and of course I am impressed. Could you offer me any advice here - I have been thinking of trying to purchase one on Craigslist and forget the oxygen. I know my beginning parameters, so perhaps I could continue with my own therapy? Please let me know soon as possible, for I am going bonkers here, lol!

Regards,
Martin

Mikkik1
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need BIPAP Therapy  |  Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:45 pm

PAP Mask: Airfit 10 full face mask
PAP Machine: Air curve 10S
Pressure Setting: 10/4

Fight with them. Most insurers have a requirement of five minutes (not continuos) at or below 88%. I had to fight with Apria as they said I didn't meet the levels-then I discovered they were playing the insurance game as they are no longer an accepted Medicare provider. You can also find gently used oxygen concentrators on Craigslist for as low as $200. You might want to consider purchasing it