Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Need help with Philips Dreamstation
FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:37 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

Grant
Unread post  Post subject: Need help with Philips Dreamstation  |  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 am

Please help!

I have a Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP machine and my AHI hovers around 6. In an attempt to get my AHI down, I switched it to CPAP mode for a night. It didn't seem to do much so I switched it back and I have had problems ever since.

The pressure is set at a minimum of 4 and a max of 12. 3 days ago I woke up with the pressure at 5. 2 days ago I woke up with the pressure blasting me at 12. This morning I woke up with the pressure at 4. A good pressure for me is 10, but the machine doesn't seem to be adjusting to me at all. My AHI is all over the place, up in the 12 - 16 range.

I have looked at every setting in the patient and clinical menu and can't find a reason that this is happening. I know I messed with something when I switched from Auto to CPAP and then back to Auto again, but I can't figure out what. I have updated the firmware just to be safe, but that didn't change any of the results.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears because this is starting to effect my daily life. I have uploaded a screen shot from OSCAR. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
OSCAR screen shot 1.jpg
OSCAR screen shot 1.jpg [ 263.71 KiB | Viewed 8013 times ]
Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need help with Philips Dreamstation  |  Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:45 am

PAP Mask: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto

Try a minimum of around 7 or 8 and see what happens.

Daniel Gagner
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Need help with Philips Dreamstation  |  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:25 am

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear nasal
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation 500
Humidifier: respironics
Pressure Setting: 9=13

Agreed with Puglsy, experiment with 7-8 and then move a bit up or down in 0.5 increments to see if that helps. Everyone is unique but I'd think a 4 setting is low.

I also use a dreamstation, my settings are 9.5 and 13 in apap mode.

good luck.