Free CPAP Advice and Sleep Apnea Treatment Help Board • View topic - Climate line tubing
FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:30 am

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Please consider a small PayPal donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above.Thank you so much for your support!

dmc515
Unread post  Post subject: Climate line tubing  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:09 am

PAP Mask: ResMes AirFit P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10

More Newb questions that I wasn't able to find through search...

How often do you change your tubing? The DME associated with my Drs office plans to send me new supplies every 3 months. Is this excessive?

Also, what's the best way to clean climate line tubing? I've been swishing mask bright and hot water through the tubing every few days, anything else I should be doing? Was thinking about soaking in warm sudsy water once in a while but not sure if that will damage the contacts.

Can climate line tubing go in the Hurricane dryer?

Thanks!

Respirator99
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Climate line tubing  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 7:24 am

PAP Mask: Resmed Airtouch F20
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
Pressure Setting: Min EPAP: 8.0 Max EPAP: 11.0 PS Min: 3.0 PS Max: 8.0

I'm on my second heated tube in 6.5 years. The first one lasted over 4 years and the only problem was that the rubber socket wore out and the mask kept slipping off.

Every day I just hang the tube over the towel rail. Once a week (or two) I flush it through with warm water then sluice hot soapy water through it, followed by a hot water rinse and hang it to dry.

The contacts are water resistant - you can happily immerse them, just make sure they're dry before reconnecting to the machine.

I'm not familiar with that dryer, but I've never used a dryer for any of my CPAP stuff. Wash in soapy water, rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry. Most of my stuff is years old.

* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* Organise your Oscar charts

dmc515
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Climate line tubing  |  Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 am

PAP Mask: ResMes AirFit P30i
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10

Thank you Respirator99, you're very helpful. I appreciate it.