FAQ
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:50 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

Userfriendly
Unread post  Post subject: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm

PAP Mask: Amara View
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 Elite
Pressure Setting: 8-12.2

Hey everyone,

Its been a while, I was on a good roll for a bit i thought i had everything good to go, and now the past 2 weeks especially have been really rough, I am constantly tired, sometimes i feel as if I am having an outer body experience I am so tired.

I was originally set to 10 and then seen my doctor and she advised to switch to 8 because i was having a lot of central apnea's(which i did and i felt even worse and from what i gathered it appeared i was having less centrals and more obstructive apnea's)

So to try anything i recently upped my pressure to 12.2 and it appears my obstructive is down but my central is up and i feel as if I am not really sleeping so i am a zombie all day

I have attached some screens for randoms days including the ones i mentioned in this post, any help would be greatly appreciated

https://imgur.com/a/nbE2cjU

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:45 pm

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

What medications do you take??? Anything???

Do you spend a lot of time awake with the mask and machine on or are you asleep when all that ugliness is happening?
What position do you normally find yourself sleeping?

Userfriendly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:27 pm

I can't sleep on my back I can never fall asleep, so I am a side sleeper. I only put the mask on just before I am going to sleep.
I believe one screen shot may show differently because I tried falling asleep during one of my really bad days.

So pretty much all those screens are from when I am sleeping.

I hope you got a minute to read my prescription list (I am actually trying CBD oil to hopefully get off some of these drugs.

So here is my list
Ramapril 10mg x2 (blood pressure)
Zopiclone 7.5mg (to fall asleep)
Lansoprazole 30mg x2 (acid reflux)
Bisaprolol 10mg (to slow my heart and help Blood Pressure)
Metformin 500mg x2 (pre diabetic)
Diltiazem 240mg (blood pressure)
RosuvasTatin 10mg (colesteral)
As I mentioned I just started with CBD oil, but the one the doctor wanted me to take also has THC which is supposed to induce sleeping but it only gives me worse anxiety (I used to be on anxiety meds also but I couldn't handle the zombie effect and other effects they had (which CBD is supposed to help also)

So as you can see I am a big mess. :(

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 am

How much work have you done on zooming in on those flagged events to try to figure out if they are real or not?

Start with the bottom video at this page
http://freecpapadvice.com/sleepyhead-free-software

From a quick glance at your meds list I don't see anything that might suppress respiration and be a potential factor in the centrals (if they are real) but I will dig deeper a bit later when I have some time.

It's a big odd that the bulk of your events are getting flagged in more or less the last half of the night. Makes me wonder how many might be more related to arousals and not real but don't want to pooh pooh that many off just in case they are indeed real.

Some of the BP meds might be a factor in your fatigue...but then again so could crappy sleep from the events be a factor in the fatigue and zombie feeling.

When did you quit taking the anti anxiety meds? What were you taking?
Did you quit cold turkey?

Userfriendly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I stopped taking the anxiety meds about 2 months ago, yes it was cold turkey.

I was taking sertraline HCL 100mg

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

When did you notice the excessive fatigue?

You might google each one of your current meds and see if fatigue is a known side effect.
I just now looked up Ramapril and fatigue is listed.

While I doubt we can explain all your fatigue on medication side effects they could be playing a part.

First thing we need to do is try to figure out if those events are real or not.
If not real they sure point to a lot of arousals would would definitely trash sleep quality.
If they are real then we have to decide the best way to try to reduce them.

Userfriendly
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 am

How can we figure out if these are real enough, when i zoomed in on the spots and looked at the flow rates and everything they looked just like how it was in the video you previously advised me to take a look at.

Is there something else I should try doing?

For my medications, I have been on most of those for at least a year, so I am not to sure about the side effects now just finally kicking in, but I could be wrong.

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Always feeling tired  |  Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 am

I thought the video explained what to look for in awake/arousal vs asleep flagged events.

Didn't it give examples of both.

If awake/arouosal events then we look at trying to figure out what is causing the arousals.

If asleep events and thus "real" then I would be really concerned especially with the centrals because we can't fix centrals with your machine except in rare situations like if EPR was the cause of the centrals and reducing EPR reduced the centrals but since you are not using EPR then we can't blame EPR.

It's odd that the bulk of your ugly reports seem to happen in the last half of the night. Normally if someone has complex sleep apnea it is going to be present all night long.

Now it wouldn't be impossible for the centrals to be post arousal centrals and the arousals to be caused by obstructive apnea events disturbing sleep and if the obstructive stuff was better prevented so that the arousal chances were lessened then the centrals should also reduce but that's only if the centrals are post arousal.

In those wee hours of the morning is when we typically have more REM stage sleep and some people will have their OSA be a lot worse in REM (or when on their back) and they just need more pressure at those times.
Is that happening with you? I don't know. Maybe.

Here's the deal....we can't fix a problem until we know exactly what is causing the problem. It's hard enough sometimes to fix problems without adding in the fact that we don't know what the problem is.
That's why I was suggesting trying to figure out if the flagged events were real or not.