FAQ
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

WarpedTrekker
  Unread post  Post subject: Unwell feeling, depressed respiratory drive, O2 drops, CA's  |  Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure Setting: EPAP 5, IPAP max 16, PS3

For the last three months, I've had nothing but bad sleep and lately seems a little worse. I start having an "unwell" feeling, and it feels like I'm breathing shallow and respiratory drive is depressed. My O2 is normally fine when awake. 94%+. But when I lay down to go to sleep, immediately my Contec O2 sensor alarms me my O2 drops to low 80's%. It wakes me up. O2 and HR goes up. I go back to sleep and same thing happens.

My bipap shows I'm having CA's on these nights. Other nights I have no to just a couple CA's. Last two sleep tests said I don't have a CA issue. Sleep doctor said I was doing good.

But I have these nights where I don't feel well.

Im 46yo, my doctors ran complete blood work and urine tests are all normal. I still am waiting on a Neurology test though. I'm trying to find out what is causing these oxygen drops. I recently had a DVT and PE and now on blood thinners and Multaq and Bystolic for AFIB.

My doctors say the medicines shouldn't be causing respiratory depression. They also have no other clue what is going on. My cardiologist doesn't want to do an Arterial Blood test because she said it would need to be drawn during an episode.

One doctor thinks it is anxiety, and although I do feel anxious when trying to fall asleep, anxiety shouldn't be causing random oxygen drops. It's like my body just quits breathing.

I've always been a shallow breather and catch myself during the day taking a deep breath at times.

I'm looking here for support and to see if anyone else is having the issue?

Ive been to the ER twice already for this condition but they refer me back to sleep doctor. But my sleep doctor looks at my summary for last 30 days and says my CA's are very low overall.

Old machine settings:
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
7-14, EPR1

WarpedTrekker
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Unwell feeling, depressed respiratory drive, O2 drops, C  |  Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:18 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirTouch
PAP Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure Setting: EPAP 5, IPAP max 16, PS3

Same thing happened last night. Was out with friends at a movie. Ate popcorn and then at a restaurant ate a taco salad. Started feeling bad and unwell after an hour with some type of anxiety feeling. Went home and tried laying down, had major heart palpitations that felt coming out of my lower chest and abdomen area near belly button.

I wore my oximeter and before I could get to sleep and doze off, it was already alarming me my oxygen dropped to 85%. I tried two different oximeters plus my Samsung phone oximeter and they both showed low oxygen levels.

My bipap showed I was having numerous CA's and stopping breathing. I tried taking Klonopin and Melatonin but that didn't seem to help much except to alleviate part of my anxiety.

FYI... I had a DVT and PE blood clots in my lungs a month ago and in hospital. Put on blood thinners Xarelto. But this issue with my oxygen dropping has been going on for three months.

I am not sure what is going on. All my doctors tests have been negative. All blood work negative.

The only thing my Hematologist is going to do is a CT scan of my abdomen since I haven't had that done yet.

I feel stressed and anxious when this is happening. I know that doesn't help but I'm not sure how anxiety could cause you to stop breathing?

Attachment:
screenshot-20180617-013706.png
screenshot-20180617-013706.png [ 14.26 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot-20180617-013007.png
screenshot-20180617-013007.png [ 16.56 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Old machine settings:
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
7-14, EPR1

diamaunt
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Unwell feeling, depressed respiratory drive, O2 drops, C  |  Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:42 pm

PAP Mask: Resmed P10
PAP Machine: Resmed S9 vpap auto
Pressure Setting: 18/13-25/19

as I mentioned elsewhere.

More EPAP, less PS

https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur