FAQ
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm

PAP Mask: Dreamwear nasal, FFM
PAP Machine: Phillips Respronics
Pressure Setting: 4-20

Thanks, I would love to hear about his experience with the level two home study.

I will continue to keep you updated.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:32 am

Terrible night of sleep last night. FFM was comfortable but I don't think I slept more than an hour and a half straight then took off the mask and tried again later. I see lots of Hypopneas which I don't normally see.

Attachment:
screenshot-20180615-082950.png
screenshot-20180615-082950.png [ 108.5 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

Attachment:
screenshot-20180615-083001.png
screenshot-20180615-083001.png [ 104.89 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

If you didn't sleep well and had a lot of time awake with mask and machine on and tossing and turning...I don't know that I would even trust that AHI.
It might contain a lot of sleep/wake/junk false positive flags.

Often my "worse" nights in terms of AHI results are when I have a lot of awakenings and tossing and turning from my back pain. I know that the bulk of the "events" aren't real as I was awake or half awake and they don't matter or count unless we are really asleep.

Remember the machine only measures air flow and it can't tell if you are asleep or not.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:46 am

That makes sense, I have seen some of Jason’s videos going through the data and explaining away the false readings of the machines. I am really not worried about the events so much as the terrible sleep I got. Hopefully a quick nap today and better sleep tonight will get better data. I go in for my follow up on Tuesday so I will see what the doc says about options.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:10 am

Last night I tried the FFM and changed the pressure from 4-20 to 5.5-20, here are the results. It takes some getting used to initially with the extra pressure and my AHI went up

Attachment:
screenshot-20180616-090826.png
screenshot-20180616-090826.png [ 105.55 KiB | Viewed 71 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 am

Full face mask users will often need a little more minimum pressure than they maybe needed when using a nasal mask.
I think it might have something to do with how the lower straps of most full face masks tend to pull that lower jaw back just every so slightly and maybe alter the airway a bit thus causing maybe a little more pressure to be needed.

That cluster...you needed more pressure than you had at the time to prevent it. Maybe you were on your back or maybe it was REM...but that's why you see the cluster.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:43 am

Yeah I was wondering about that cluster. Maybe I moved around a bit, I tend to do that in my sleep. I don’t remember waking up then but I know I did a few times.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 am

After hardly any sleep the night before last night I feel I got really good sleep! More than 5 1/2 hours on my CPAP straight which is a record for me in my first month. Looking at my data it seems like I slept well and I actually woke up around 2 am feeling pretty good. I don't know why I woke up since my alarm was set for 4 am but feeling good is feeling good.
I see some CAs which I had none of in my sleep studies. I also see some hypopneas which don't really look like anything to me but I am not a sleep tech. I hope I don't need to be that tired to do this well going forward with CPAP, the night before had nothing to do with CPAP as I didn't even use my machine, just rude people in a hotel making waaaay too much noise all night long.

Attachment:
screenshot-20180618-115520.png
screenshot-20180618-115520.png [ 108.82 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Nice report and even better you feel the good looking report.

If you are worrying about the few centrals you have flagged...quit it.
They may or may not even be real and even if every single one of them was the real deal there's not nearly enough of them to give cause for worry.

Remember...it's normal to have a few centrals here and there that are real. It's normal to have what is called a sleep onset central or sleep stage transition central.
It's normal to wake after a REM stage sleep cycle and you may or may not remember it but as you go back to sleep there's a good chance for a sleep onset central to happen. We don't always have them but when we do it's not a big deal.

Centrals are only a problem if they are causing a problem and it takes a whole bunch of them to cause a problem. Doctors won't even bat an eye until a person starts seeing an average of 4 or 5 per hour....every hour...all night and every night.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:31 pm

I am hoping this becomes more of the norm and I can get into the groove of falling asleep better and staying asleep. I’m not concerned about the cas now.

MNsleeper
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Questions  |  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:03 pm

I saw my doc today. She went over my numbers but it is nothing more than sleepyhead showed me. At the very mention of anything than CPAP she almost visibly cringed. It has seemed that this industry is 100% keyed into CPAP and no other treatment. I know it is effective for some and too invasive for others and I have been working hard to get myself tolerant and I haven’t been on it long enough but it really put me off this doctor. Even when she weighed me and I have lost ten pounds she still didn’t really see that as a good sign. She said it may help but seemed to only be thinking of CPAP as a course of action. I will continue it but also be looking for another doctor. If my job didn’t depend on it I would just trash the machine but I guess I am stuck with this for now.