FAQ
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Shop Amazon and Support FreeCPAPAdvice

Please consider a small donation to FreeCPAPAdvice.com above, through Patreon, or using the Amazon Shopping link above when you purchase through Amazon. Thank you so much for your support!

Click the Patreon link and Sponsor FreeCPAPAdvice.com

arceneaux811
Unread post  Post subject: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:26 am

PAP Mask: Respironics Dreamwear
PAP Machine: Respironics Dreamstation AutoCpap
Pressure Setting: 7-15

Hey Guys,

Wanted to get some expert advice on the Swift FX Nano vs the AirFit N20. I've been using the Dreamwear mask (which fits great and seems to do the job) but, Im not completely sold on it as its been a bit difficult getting use to the air rushing through the mask by your ears (super loud). When I did my CPAP Titration I used the AirFit N20 and it was almost silent. Also the pressure was almost non-existent (Couldn't really feel it at level 9). Ive read a lot of reviews on the FX Nano and was wondering is it similar to the N20 or better (with regards to pressure, noise etc)? I'm leaning towards the FX Nano (as Jason from LeftLanky) seems to be pretty high on it but wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on it.

Also, thoughts on it versus the Dreamwear?

Thanks,
Dustin

Pugsy
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 am

PAP Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 or DreamWear Gel nasal pillows
PAP Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Humidifier: ResMed AirSense 10
Pressure Setting: Depends on the machine as I actually have more than one

I would lean towards the Nano rather than the N20 myself.
I have this thing about less on my face and head...and the headgear and cushion of the Nano simply has less of a footprint on my face and head.
Plus I don't really like anything putting pressure on the nasal bridge area of my nose....I have used the Nano and it doesn't reach no man's land on my nasal bridge.

But to be fair...I have not tried the N20 and all these masks come with a big YMMV sticker. I just learned a long time ago what I liked and didn't like in general.

Go with what interests you the most. That's as good of a reason as any to try something.

Comparing the Nano to the DreamWear...and I assume you are talking about the under the nose cushion DreamWear and not the nasal pillow DreamWear. I have actually used both successfully between the 2 I personally probably would prefer the Nano but to be fair when I was using the under the nose cushion DreamWear my main complaint was mask instability and leaking from cushion movement and I was using the medium frame...I should have broke down and bought the small frame to try it but I didn't like it well enough to spend the money.

Later I did get a chance to use the small frame with the nasal pillows version and it made a huge difference in stability issues. I might have a different more favorable opinion of the DreamWear under the nose cushion if I had actually used it with a better fitting small frame.
As it was it was "okay" and I could use it but I wasn't in love with it enough to spend more money on it. Going from years of nasal pillow use to a nasal cushion was a difficult enough change for me and I just prefer the pillow versions of a mask.

As for the noise issue with the air in the DreamWear frame...I was able to easily tune it out so it was a non issue for me. I learned a long time ago how to turn off breathing sounds and not fixate on them. That took a lot of practice. Part of the YMMV thing. Some people can learn to tune out noises and some can't.

My vote is for the Nano trial next....and you can use the Swift FX nasal pillow with the Nano headgear and frame if you decide to try nasal pillows. All you would need is a Swift FX nasal pillow.

arceneaux811
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks so much Pugsy for your input! After reading tons of great reviews on the Nano I think I'm going to go for it. I've used the Dreamwear (under the nose cushion) for a week now but just can't seem to get use to the noise/feel. Thanks again!

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:22 pm
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

I'm a fan of the Nano too...for what it's worth.

I like the N20 also, but the Nano is just made for my sleep tendencies, like stomach and side with my face pressed into the pillow.

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.

arceneaux811
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 am

Thank you sir, would you rate the Nano over the Dreamwear (under the nose) mask as well? I've watched several of your mask review videos and saw that the Nano and Dreamwear mask were both highly rated. I currently have the Dreamwear mask but the noise seems to be somewhat of an issue for me (didn't think it would).

TheLankyLefty
Unread post  Post subject: Re: Swift FX Nano vs AirFit N20 (Noobie)  |  Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:35 am
Site Admin

PAP Mask: Practically tried them all.
PAP Machine: Use Phillips Respironics System One APAP with Aflex for mask testing
Humidifier: None
Pressure Setting: When testing, I use APAP with a range of 5-10

Are you using the fleece covers that came with the Dreamwear? those cut down on noise pretty well. You can even cover it with that yellow lambswool stuff that is even thicker to cut out noise.

I like both masks. The Nano is more adjustable, but the Dreamwear is lower profile and easier to sleep in any position you want.

If you're curious about the other I would recommend trying it out just to satisfy your curiosity. :)

Shop Amazon and help out FreeCPAPAdvice by using this link: http://amzn.to/2dY19oA
Information on FreeCPAPAdvice.com should not be considered medical advice. Seek your physicians advice before seeking treatment for medical conditions. Information posted on the FreeCPAPAdvice.com website and forum is opinion and not statements of fact.